red mountain farm??

Home Forums Louth Chat red mountain farm??

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    babycam

Its much better than Newgrange farm

scole1

got price 5euro per adult 4euro per child but they do family discount

open from 10-30am – 5pm

noeleenw

ye i got a flyer today and it has the prices and a map on it cant wait , only downer is that they are only open 2 til 5 on sundays

mommycakes

Just to add my praise, we went there yesterday with three kids. They had a ball. The set up is great and the staff were really helpful and good with the little ones. We were the last ones there, eventually had to leave as they were closing. The blue barrel express is just hilarious, even my really cautious DD went on it and loved it. On the way home she announced that she’d wants to go back there and not go back to Eurodisney!

libby1
    Participant

I was there yesterday as well from about 12:45 – 4pm , the kids had a great time. Staff were very friendly….

Kids loved the blue Barrel ride – as well as the hay maze.

The lady who owns told me she has great plans for next year,,,,,

I would suggest getting more go-karts.

I will go back soon…

munchin
    Participant

I was there on sat with 3 kids.
    Over all I thought it was good and I will go back – for the price it was brilliant but a few things:

We didn’t get a family discount scole, 4adults and 3 kids we paid €28 – didn’t pay for one child under 2.
    Looks like alot of the toys were old family toys being used – which is fair enough but one or 2 were obviously broken.
    The climbing frame – swings etc in the indoor play area – the ground is cement – i was surprised in these days of health & safety that there was no mats on ground etc
    The coffee shop – was tiny, literally room for the 3 of us that wanted coffee – we had to wait ages for our coffee & its was blooming freezing when it arrived (think the girl was only learning to use machine and she was so polite and everything but coffee was cold!)

As I said at begining overall was good and on a nice dry day would only be up the road from me and nice afternoon for dd but still think i prefer Pudden Hill – but fair play for iniative.

Kate

hi munchin, why is puddenhill so good? been meaning to go there too

munchin
    Participant

ah kate didn’t say Pudden Hill was "so good" just that I prefer it.
    Pudden Hill is definitely more expensive but the play area is alot better than the one in Red mountain its more like one of those Play barn/kangaroo type places. For the price they are charging Red mountain is good. Bar the animal food & the barrel rides you get everything else in admission price – in pudden hill can’t feed animals & you pay for the play area & the farm seperate.

Kate

thanks for replying! I’ll have to try out the two of them, our last Newgrange farm visit was just disastrous! We got lashed on and the car was in the overflow miles away and my (touch and go) potty trained daughter destroyed herself!! 😆

Fabienne

Was there today. They were trying (for free on the first day) a huge slide/bouncing castle to see if it could be a good attraction in the rainy/cold days.
    The platform was 15ft high.
    I was scared to death, the kids : not a bother.
    My dd (5) kept going at it.
    Staff great, explain to them how to cross arms (like security position for the slides in the plane (you know the before take-off speach).

The have sink and soap to wash hands at various places + antibacterial alcoholoic gel just outside the farm part.

We arrived at 12, left as they’re closing 5, and dd and ds wanted to stay.

The blue barel ride is well worth it.

We’ll go again.

scole1

just back from wales so will be intersting to see what this plave has to offer versus the farms in wales they are so well equipt even the small family fun ones…so will be interesting to take a trip out…..good to hear all feed back good or bad gives clearer picture of what to expect

noeleenw

went there today , not alot really there dd got an awful fall in one of the barns it was very dangerous they had hay bales built up for the kids to climb up to 2 slides but the twines where sticking out she tripped on a twine and really hurt her hip off a plank of wood also when they went down the slide they where landing on concrete dh saw a woman slipping on the way to the toilet …. on the plus side we left the door of our jeep wide open and it was still there when we got back 🙄 also the swing set in the picnic area isnt secured in to the ground and was lifting when the kids where on it

Kate

sorry to hear that noeleen, my two are far too small for that section but it didn’t look terribly safe when we went up on saturday.

we went after dinner and didnt bring a picnic – just as well as there was only rubbish in the shop crisps, chocolate. Thought the coffee was overpriced at 2.50 even though its the fancy machine.

Overall it was a great afternoon, dd fed the animals which are as tame as dogs! We had a go on the tractor – might note that ‘the blue barrell express’ is really barrells cut out and dragged along by a tractor – didnt feel the better of this but dd loved it. The outside play area was a swing, a slide and a trampette, enough for a 2 year old, doubt if it would interest older kids.

Its nice to have it up the road, I hope they sort out the safety issues for their own sake.

Fabienne

When I was there, we talked to the owner, he’s honestly looking for feedback good or bad.
    If you have concern about safety you could call them.
    Or when you go talk directly to them.
    They’re easy to talk to.
    Regards,
    Fabienne

noeleenw

ye i told them what happened to dd i was very annoyed at that stage also when i went to the coffee shop i asked the girl do you have any sandwiches and she said no we used to do them ffs they are only open .. ihad 5 kids to feed and there wasnt very much healthy stuff there

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.