Planning to lose a few pound, anyone else?

Home Forums Louth Chat Planning to lose a few pound, anyone else?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 516 total)
  • Author
    beams

My ds has a streaming head cold so didnt want to take him out walking this morning ….dropped him to mams and got an hour in the gym by myself !! Treadmill, bicycle and rowing machine…..feel good. Tomorrow will have to wrap him up as no minders available ….i will be walking so fast he wont feel the wind 😆 😆 😆 If your on for that Taylor – let me know 😉

beams

Beams, if working out is not your thing but you like walking, try adding ankle and wrist weights to your walks…they will make you burn a good few more calories that walking alone.

MaryE.. as Taylor said Zumba salsa is simply an aerobics class salsa based… it uses the principle of interval training (which briefly means working at different intensities constantly so you target more fat burning that simple aerobics). That class is on every tuesday at 8pm.

Regarding shifting weight, remember if you lose more than 1 pound per week, it is highly possible that what you are loosing fluid and muscle… as shifting a pound of actual fat is considered to be very difficult and can only be achieved through cardiovascular exercise and a controlled diet.

Once again girls, if you have any questions regarding your diet or your exercise regime please ask… it’s my mission to educate people on how to diet and exercise correctly..so i’ll be delighted to get innundated with questions 😀

thanks Laura – where can i buy these weights ?

Sabrinab 08

Hi Girls i joined slimming world in the boyne valley hotel on thurs the 2nd, i lost 5and half pound last wk!! just thrilled, and its really good!!
    Not hungry all the time like at ww’s!
    No restriction with pasta, rice, spuds!!!
    Different attiude to weight loss to other slimming clubs!
    Was a little freaked out at the fact that your weight loss is called out in front of the class durint he meetin but i think now it now courages ya to keep going"!
    i am still cravin sweets things 😀 but im not depriving myself, i am using my "syns" for them!
    Well worth lookin into if your like me and cant do it alone!!
    Class is at 7.30 on thurs evenings and its 18 quid to join, 9 a wk!

MaryE

Sabrina, i think that would work for me, i did see it advertised but wasnt motivated enough to start, but getting focused now.

Can you join at any time?

Thursday nights dont really suit though, will have to have a chat with dh to see if his schedule can be re-arranged.

Not really into saslsa, so dont think zumba is for me but im going to get out walking in the evenings & would be up for the roller skating if anyone else is?

Well Ladies

If you want some encouragement, I am happy to offer it.

Why dont you guys do some sort of a competition between now and Christmas and Fergal the pharmacist in Boots will weigh you and lets see who the winner is. You don’t have to weight in weekly in Boots but Fergal can be our adjudicator, so the most amount lost?

THE PRIZE

I will give a €200.00 Laurence Town Centre voucher to the person who has lost the most weight by Christmas week, I think I can also scam a few vouchers from the shops, I am sure Vero Moda, Bagel bar etc will help us.

So come back to me with Suggestions, Ill join you…….. susan@laurencetowncentre.com

Regards
    Susan

Maria30

Susan,

Thats a great idea and good incentive for everybody too.

noeleenw

thats great susan , sabrina slimming world is great its just a pity there are no morning classes , i know there is one opening on trinity street but i think that is on a tuesday at half 7 also

laura

Beams, you can get them in any sports shops or they have a brilliant set in the Argos.

eastmeathmum

Susan that’s a great offer.
    Great incentive.
    I’m in!

Do you want a bimonthly weigh-in and a final weight loss check the week of the 13th december? If we start next week it’s 13 weeks (I think) if we start next week.

I need to loose a stone. Would like to try by myself as weekly fee (WW or slimming world) is not really doable, I prefer save that money and treat myself at Xmas if I reach my goal (us mummies we forget too often to treat ourselves).

Let us know if you have enough takers.

Question, do you still have parking 3.60 for the whole day?

Yep parking is still 3.60 for the day Monday to Sunday.

I will let you know if anyone else emails or contacts me about losing weight together. The main aim is for it not to cost us money and by Fergal in Boots weighing us we cant cheat, maybe get everyone in over two days to be weighed and then when all is weighed we can go from their. The final date should be around 15th december that will give the winner a chance to SHOP SHOP SHOP, and If I win well I might share it with the group ………lol

We can start a blog on this site and I think the less we weigh in the more incentive (Secretly) their will be, I welcome all your suggestions, dont think everyone will come once a week. Could we trust everyone to put their weight loss for the week on our blog and sure we will know if they are lying when the final comes!!!

libby1
    Participant

I am on for that – whom do i need to contact – great incentive

THANKS – St Laurences Centre

happymumblemum
    Participant

Thats a great incentative would certainly work for me I reckon..200 euro plus vouchers I would be well up for that BUT I am guessing Newspapers would be involved and when I won I wouldn’t fancy the hoo haa 😉

Great idea though

Sabrinab 08

MaryE you cna join anytime but as far as i know the only class on in town is Thurs nite’s. there are other classes in Ardee and Dundalk, if you google you’ll find the times.
    Noeleenw, thats mad about the tues nights in Trinity st, wil that not clash with ww’s??? 😀 😀
    Have to say havin done ww’s in the past myself i really think slimming world is better, your not being told you cant have this and cant have that… 😀 😀

Taylor5

oh i’d be in for that… yippee!

Not a chance of winning but i’d be in for the crack and support

Beams i got mine in Tesco only 3 or 4 euro, can adjust the weights too….

While on the topic Conor O Conor from Operation Transformation was onto me on Facebook, he is working part time as a motivational coach, he offered to come and talk to us mt girls (for free) only about 30 mins… i sent Sabbi a pm, so something like this would be a great starting point….. We could try and get him/us over to labfitness for a workout and the talk there, it would be a great kick start to an end of year fitness routine

noeleenw

MaryE you cna join anytime but as far as i know the only class on in town is Thurs nite’s. there are other classes in Ardee and Dundalk, if you google you’ll find the times.
    Noeleenw, thats mad about the tues nights in Trinity st, wil that not clash with ww’s??? 😀 :D
    Have to say havin done ww’s in the past myself i really think slimming world is better, your not being told you cant have this and cant have that… 😀 😀

maybe i have the date wrong , will check again

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.