Op Trans….week 2

Home Forums Operation Transformation Op Trans….week 2

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    chewieodie
    Participant

Loving it, loving it, loving it…..!!!!!
    THis way everyone wins…. we lose the pounds, the businesses get the advertising, and the charities get the money!

chewieodie
    Participant

Is one of those charities a children’s charity? I think, being a parenting website, if there is an opportunity to support kids we should do it if possible?

Taylor5

When great minds come together….

No no childrens charities…. but we havent pick one yet.. but good idea, 5th floor in the OLOL… or Barretstown. As we are locals I would like to keep the charity money Local….
    hjs dont think its all a secret when they do the weigh in on tuesday live on air on the Gerry Ryan show so a piece in the DI on Wed morning might make more people watch the show that night iykwim

hjs

ANY BODY GOT A BIG JAR WE COULD USE???

Taylor5

I have one but its full!!!! i have an empty roses tin or would that be too painful for some of you chocolate lovers ❓ 😆 😆 😆

Im doing this at home on a personal level… dh is going to multiply it by x amount so I can buy mysefl a treat at the end of it all..

Jedt
    Keymaster

hi all,

How about we come up with a plan when we get together on Saturday morning for the weigh in?

Theres loads of great ideas so far; walks,climbs, skating, etc so I’m sure we can come up with some way that suits most of us and we can come up with a plan about how we can raise a few quid for charity.

A big jar at the hotel might be a good start and for each lb we lose we can throw in a euro? and perhaps people coming in and out would donate to it too ifthey saw it there?

See you all there Sat and we can decide together.

Hope you’re all having a good week, I’m having a weird one, I’ll fill ye all in Saturday….

hjs

Taylor, thinking press photo opps here, so big, clear glass jar could be the best thing for the job unless anyone got any better ideas?

Jedt
    Keymaster

Think you can buy those huge jars the euro shops in drogheda, if anyone sees one let me know and I’ll go pick one up before Saturday.

How about we work a week behind on the donation idea? So tonight on TV it will say we lost x amount, so we can put that into the jar this Sat and the business can match it? That way, we don’t have to announce our weight loss before the TV does, as reckon they would not go for that, secretive bunch that they are!

I can ask BCH for this weeks donation and maybe we can get Funtasia or Supervalu for the following week, especially if there’s a photo op!! I’ll ask admin to drop SV a line.

hjs – do you wanna ask Funtasia?

How does that sound? See you all Sat, stay strong!!!

hjs

Yes, will ask Funtasia, DI, and anyone anymore suggestions?…

CaliGal
    chewieodie
    Participant

Cheating a little today, cos if I don’t I may possibly kill someone…. 😈

I’m having my soup for lunch, but instead of the crackers / crackerbread with toppings, I’ve had two pancakes…. with a thin scraping of marge….
    Works out the same calorie wise…..
    Just feeling like I need a little sugar in the system…. have to do all the exercises this afternoon….. and depending on whether or not I’m at collapse level… may hop onto the bike for a little while too….

Anonymous
    Inactive

Did 6 laps of of a football pitch last night along with 40 sit-ups when I got home, feeling a little sore today…hopefully that’s a good sign!

Have had porridge every morning this week – filling and not bad, good way to start the day.

Just had poached eggs and turkey bacon for lunch, might revert to low-fat smoked bacon, loving the poached eggs.

We’re hoping to go roller skating in the morning, everyone more than welcome to join us at Funtasia from 10am.

Jedt
    Keymaster

hi all,

We’ve had our first op trans casualty!!!!

Our glamorous granny (my lovely mammy) has had a fall and broken her wrist. She is upset that she cannot do the exercises she was doing and she wants to keep going so as not to let us down (I know, I already told her she could not let us down even if she tried) but shes a stubborn woman and wants to keep exercising.

She is looking for suggestions for exercise from the waist down……

So girls, apart from walking, what can she do to keep active, bearing in mind her arm is in plaster.

Never a dull moment eh!!

scole1

hi all sorry not been on, how’s everyone doing??? i think reality has set in here from me, i’ve realised that this is real and really need to keep pushing ahead….

Sabbi, OMG is you mom ok, oh god love her…..could she try dancing exercises…or even the exercises that karl does but without the weights etc etc….perhaps ask OT karl for a tip….tell her we’re supporting her and she’s so not letting us down….

Regards charity, glad we’re going with that that’s great news, was thinking about charities there is local kids fundraisers if we just check…or decide at the end who we are going to support, perhaps at the end of the 8weeks draw names and then pull out from a hat, is that the fairest way…just an idea….

My mom has a large plastic quality street sweet jar and i have a Yankee candle jar i could bring them sat and you could decide, holds loads though……

if not a large vase would do…..

off to have some lunch, i had college last night so ended up having half my dinner before college and the rest when i got home….it had to be done only way i could get all meals in me…

Maria30

Sabbi, hope your Mam is ok. She is a lovely woman and was really enjoying the OT challenge when I met her at skating.

I didnt make it to skating on Monday cos my bum is still sore from last week. 😳

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.