Money Saving Tips

Home Forums Louth Chat Money Saving Tips

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    noeleenw

went to local shop the other evening to get milk for dd bottle it was 2.90 for 2 litres of milk , its 1.65 in dunnes for 2 litres . Only it was late i wouldnt have bought it so be warned its a rip off 😈

Taylor5

I have started to look at the prices of the staples, got Brennans bread in the maxol and it was 2.50 and the milk in the spar this evening was 1.25 a ltr where as its 90 or 95 cent in Dunnes, cant understand how the same milk is 30cents dearer in the smaller shops…
    Alway went to get kimberly biscuits in the spar 3.69 compared to 2 packs for 4 euro in dunnes…… when I seen the price I left them there and dh didnt get his biscuits 😆 😆 😆

trixiebell
    Participant

Milk is only 1.49 in Aldi for 2 litres!!

happymumblemum
    Participant

Trixie Taylor wouldnt like this as it would be from the wrong variety of cow 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆
    sorry taylor he he he eh eh he he 😆 😆 😆

Taylor5

Mooooo 😆 😆 😆 😆
    I went to lidl the other day ❗ 😯
    I only got veg and chocolate, did need milk but dh told me he wouldnt drink Lidl milk and that he would only drink avonmore 🙄 🙄 🙄

yummymummy

well he would be told to buy his own avonmore and u buy the lidl one for you and A 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Taylor5

He was laughing at me as I will only drink milk out of a tetra pak packet wont dring milk out of plastic containers 😳 😆

happymumblemum
    Participant

you cant beat Aldi for fruit and veg honestly Taylor it is the best around in my opinion..a million times better than Dunnes or Supervalue

As for milk sure a cow is a cow 😆 whether it has a Lidl label on its Ars* or not 😆

noeleenw

hi i think lidl and aldi milk comes from the north of ireland , i am a dairy farmer but i refuse to buy avonmore milk in my local shop at 2.90 for 2 litre , also the standard of milk down here is far superior to the north 😆 😆 😆

EJ

I have to agree with Taylor – Milk definitely tastes different from a plastic bottle than it does from a tetra pak carton. We drink Super Milk from Avonmore, in the new 2ltr carton when we can get it – ecological! But I do buy a few bits in LIDL, my fruit and veg comes from Supervalue – as I find LIDL fruit and veg goes off to fast, so doesthe bread. I get my nappies, wipes, dishwasher and laundry caps in LIDL too, theyre great and the price difference is incredible compared to the other branded ones in the super markets.

EJ

noeleenw

lidl and aldi nappies are great and so much cheaper than buying the leading brands, one thing i hate about hug*ies wipes is that one wipe cannot come out at a time , most times i am using one hand to get the wipe out and end up with a hand full of them 😈

tulip

I was delighted when aldi and lidl opened in Drogheda because my parents in Germany always shop there.
    When you go to Aldi the next time try the rolls and croissants (not the pre-baked ones) you have to bake yourself. You actually buy the doe (sorry not sure if this is how you spell it). You will find them in the fridge beside the cheeses and they are in little cans. They just take about 15 min in the oven and are very tasty especially with Nutella 🙂

Taylor5

Tulip I’ve never been to Aldi but you Im going tomorrow to get some of that dough yum yum…

My dad was a haulier for Premier daries and HB, he was a great believer of buy Irish, he would have a stroke (lord rest him) if he heard of people traveling to the north to buy nappies and washing powder. He would rant on about money leaving the irish economy and supporting brittish jobs and not our own 🙄 So maybe thats where I get it from 🙄

Sweetpea

With Taylor on the plastic V’s tetra cartons of milk. There is a definately a taste of the plastic containers…never buy them.
    And when at all possible would do my fruit & veg and cleaning products shop in Lidl / Aldi.. Aldi particularly good for some nice cheeses also.

yummymummy

ye gurls are weird, i have never noticed the difference in taste re tetra pack or plastic ones, 🙂 tend to buy the 2litle low fat milk either avonmore or shop brand(wherever i am) ALL TASTES THE SAME TO ME!!!

defo the same re fruit and veg in aldi (dont shop in lidl, dont like it) dirt cheap and they taste fab, specially granny smith apples, so juicy YUM YUM!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.