Money Saving Tips

Home Forums Louth Chat Money Saving Tips

Viewing 13 posts - 76 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    munchin
    Participant

have to say i agree with yummy never noticed a difference we always bought the tetra pack until babs went on to cows milk now we buy the big plastic thingys she’s still drinking about 20 oz a day.
    up until recently i have to admit i haven’t watched it too much but now dh is off work i’m starting to watch the auld pennies. buy own brands when doing main shop but am going to go have alook at lidls at the weekend bought a load of cleaning products there when we bought house but have to admit i didn’t find them as good but that was 4 years ago – what cleaing products do you girls use?

yummymummy

i have to say the cleaning products are good in aldi but i still prefer brand names like pledge and domostoes (sp) and fairy liquid, cif and mr muscle cleaner. (im a monica when it comes to cleanliness and just prefer these)
    the fabric sofner in aldi is just gorg!!!!!!!!!!! as is the cleaning clothes. i buy the aldi bleach and use it on bins and stuff but not for toilets (doesnt clean them the may west)

pinkbabe

me granny used to be fussy about milk would give out if it didn’t come from a ‘proper’ milk bottle 😆 I don’t mind what milk I use, we buy full fat, low fat & super milk depending who buys the milk & where

Yvonne

I would be fussy with milk – wouldn’t buy it in Aldi or Lidl, but I do sometimes buy the Dunnesbrand… My friend was telling me how her baby formula is €15 here and in the north it only works out at approx €9!!
    So thinking of heading to Sainsburys this weekend to do the shopping..

ed1
    Participant

I am really fussey about milk. it has to be avonore and it had to be from a carton. dont like milk from a plastic bottle.

household cleaners from lidl are good. i think they are better than aldi ones.

Taylor5

Thank God im not alone on the milk as my sister thinks im mad 😆 😆 😆 😆

I did get Lidl dishwasher tabs, but then to buy brand names… and heaps of them 😳 😳 😳 Yummy I tend to be a bit of a monica too 🙄 I wash my bins in Jeyes Fluid, it has gone up to 11 euro a tin, any advice on a cheaper cleaner for the bins? (and use it to wash down the side of the house where the dog poo’s) So big bottle and cheaper then 11 euro

noeleenw

try the big hardware shops they might have the gallon can of jeyes fluid cheaper

yummymummy

i just use bleach in my bin.
    cant stand the smell of jeyes fluid, makes my eyes sting too YUCK

Taylor5

Couldnt use bleach for washing the garden down

Will try the big hardware stores for the gallon drum…. god I should ring my brother who has a boarding kennels and see what he uses…
    thanks girls

libby

Well , i promised this month to reduce bills…

For the month of January i saved over €300 on house food bill,, i did two big shops and fresh veg / fruit / milk/ bread in Staffords when needed.

Yesterday was the first time i had run out of Juice and spread.

I did a big shop in Alidi – it cost €100:35 it should last two weeks – got meat in town centre butchers cost €40 will last two weeks, we eat a lot of chicken,

Pressess and freezer are full

Taylor5

Libby I did the same thing, but 2 weeks ago my shop was 250, then only spent 20 last week, this weeks was 210 but had to get showergel and shampoo and nappies so dont think it too bad….. I would spent about 170 a week so even at 250 and 210 Im still saving a bit.

meabh

that seems an awful lot to be spending every week… i average about 40 a week on groceries… i think the fact that we eat very little meat has something to do with that… and it’s only me and l

Taylor5

That my shopping every two weeks not weekly… my dhcould eat for Ireland. 🙄 🙄 🙄

Viewing 13 posts - 76 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.