looking for a gynae

Home Forums National Chat looking for a gynae

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Yvonne

He is never around, my Mam goes to him (thinks he is lovely!????) and she hasn’t seen in months, sorry but he is too creepy for my liking – those eyebrows!!!!!! 😕

happymumblemum
    Participant

I go to a surgery on fair street there are two women docs there one of which i saw today they are both lovely, nurses are there too doing smears as well i guess, I am sure they would take you for one if you just rang up, you can pm me for the number if any one wants to ring . Sounds like we are all a bit lax on the old smears maybe weshould go up as a big group 😆

noeleenw

hi gismo my doc was in fair street for years , was my mams doc too , but i got fed up making appointments and still sitting there an hour later , after getting time off work , i changed to dunleer , no appointments come as you please also alot cheaper . I remember bringing my 2 kids to drogheda to doc and being charged 75 euro for the two of them plus prescriptions !!!! in dunleer its 40 euro per visit or 50 if theres 2 of you , but he normally goes handy on you if you are a regular like me 😆

happymumblemum
    Participant

gonna be a new doctors surgery opening up here in tullyallen in a few weeks i will defo be registering there

ed1
    Participant

girls please do go for your smears. better be safe than sorry and it really is not that bad.

i had never had one until last year. even after 2 kids i still thought it would be more embarrasing to have a smear. its embarrassing alright but its over in seconds. i was more nervous waiting in the waiting room than i was when i got into the doctor. my doc actually said i was one of the calmest patients ever. she didnt notice the beads of sweats i had on my forehead. 😳 😆 😆

my mother has never had one in all her life and she feels there is no point now anyway. she never ever goes to doctors, doesnt believe in them 🙄 🙄

oh and HMM so glad you got good news. 😀

happymumblemum
    Participant

I was never embarassed even with a male doc but i think once we have kids our own wll being can get pushed to the back of the queue I know thats true in my case anyway, but gonna make a big effort now

Taylor5

God I must have a huge fanny! 😳 😆 😆 😆
    I dont feel anything when getting a smear, some discomfort but nothing else. The trick is to relax as much as you can….. just lie back and think of Ireland (or England in your case HMM 😆 😆 😆 )

HMM did the doc tell you to get canesten cream cream? Always wear cotton pants and dont over wash the area with soaps (you wash away good bactria)

trixiebell
    Participant

Girls, please book youselves for a smear, it really isnt that bad, and sure uf you have had a baby, then your used to your legs being in the air 😆 😆 😆 Serously tho, it is not sore at all, just the thoughts of it, and it could save ur life, so please go and get one. I had one there recently after having babs in Nov 06, and it was over in minutes.

Bernie

Hi Girls, would just like to back up all the others on the get ur smear tests done. I’d never had 1 either til last year. Was with the nurse for somethin else and she asked me when my last one was- sheepisly told her never so she did one on me there and then. Wasnt badat all. Of course wasnt worried about results really as I’m only 25. Thought of it more as a precaution than anything. Well just my luck they found pre cancerous cells. Was no bother though, just had to go into hospital for a small procedure to have them removed. Just goes to show you are never too young or in the "safe zone". That could possibly have saved my life down the line. It’s just not worth taking the risk.

posie

I hate hate hate smears and I used to get mine done in the well woman clinic where they were well practised in doing them. think i’d rather go through labour again than have a smear – think it’s the object that they use………..

Taylor5

God Bernie you were so lucky you went for your smear…

My sister has never had a clear smear, but she has to get one every six months just to be safe.

I’ve had 4 smears done and the first one was a bit iffy as I was so tense, I was told to relax and try let your muscles relax and its fine. I never look at what they have but just look around the room etc.. and its over in a flash.

scole1

gosh you never reaslly know sure ya don’t wow bernie that was a close call,….
    i was asked when expecting bab the same thing when last smear said i never had one i was 24, the midwife gave me a big lecture at the time and told me that i have to get one done when bab born, so when i went to the gynea for check up got one done, all ok, but you can get them done in your gp once lady nurse available…..i think it’s more embarrassing than sore you see when having a baby you have an excuse for them to go poking around up there but when no bum in the oven ya feel violated for some odd reason so we better get that out of our heads and get out wobble bits checked out…

Moonflower

Hi,

My sis in law has never had smear and has just been for a second attempt now, her first they could not do it as she was not relaxed, last week they gave her some tablets to relax and tried again, still could not do it and next time they said they will up the dose of the relaxant……I know she wont mind me sharing this as we have talked about it for hours why she cant have it done……but just to let veryone know that if you really cant relax this can be very normal and the nurse/doctor shoudl understand……

I was nervous on my first one…….my sister came in with me as she had been the same when she had her first one…..I had some abnormal cells and ended up having quite a few smears while I was being monitored…..but thankfully it seems to have sorted itself out and have needed no treatment…….so even if you do get an abnormal result back, please try not to panic….just go back for your next smear and let them monitor you…..

happymumblemum
    Participant

Glad i bought up the topic of fannies now 😆 😆 😆

Yeah the doc mentioned that cream alright but it was kinda passed that stage I had to take a single dose tablet as the Candida needed to be treated from my gut. I am absolutely right as rain now 😆 😆 To be honest it was the lumps and bumps that got me to the doctor as oppsosed to other symtoms and they were just damn scar tissue from babs 😳

Thank god you went for that smear Bernie and evevry one else who had to get a repeat/ treatment.

Booking mine this week after A.F

Moonflower

So pleased that they got you sorted HMM……i can totally relate to how worried you must of been…..and i dont think there are any of us that havent done the google for a health complaint!! But just shows that an actual visit to docs saves so much unnecessary worrying……

Good luck with smear……

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.