Cinema night out?

Home Forums Louth Chat Cinema night out?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

oh 9pm sounds good…. might want to get out fo the house before that, leave dh to put the kids to bed 😆 😆 😆 😆

missysmum

9pm is grand or earlier suits me too, whichever suits the majority, dont mind meeting up before hand either if you want to?

Really looking forward to this now 😀

chickpea

the only showing this wk is 9 pm so we could meet up earlier for a coffee or chat or whatever….any ideas on times or venues????im easy with whatever….i hopw it is showing for next week though…should be in the papers this wk….

munchin
    Participant

oh i’m looking forward to this now
    dh was in l’pool to see his dad for last 4 nights so i’m happy to meet early and let him do the bedtime thing 😆 😉
    will keep an eye on thread to see what the plan is nearer friday!

chickpea

hey girls

im not sure if love is the drug is on this wk…checked out the website and its only going as far as tomorrow…but other movies show they are on next wk too…..watch this space

amrie1

ah chickpea your very good calling me your plus one

i’m your adorable little sister…….

yea would love to join in on the cinema nights, i’ve seen love and drugs but more than happy to go again

it ain’t great all good bits were shown on the trailers, but its getting me out of the house without ds or kids

Amrie

Taylor5

Im sure we are easy on what movie to watch… im not bothered as long as there are no blood and guts action type….
    just to get out is what im looking forward too

amrie1

i’m not fussed either its just to get out of the house I don’t mind seeing it again. Chickpea wants to see it so I would have gone with her anyway so really don’t mind. All I need is popcorn, maltesers and a big diet coke with no children around and i’m easily satisfied

amrie1

with no children around and i’m easily satisfied

I mean that in the nicest possible way…. LOL

Taylor5

with no children around and i’m easily satisfied

I mean that in the nicest possible way…. LOL

No toliet runs or 3D glasses 😆 😆 😆

amrie1

Oh the joys i’ll even have a seat to myself I won’t have to share… 😀

chickpea

OK GIRLS

love is the drug is not on….here are our options

the only girlie one is the dilema…thats the one with vince vaughan and i think its demi moore….its 6. 50 …not sureif thats too early for people…

What do you think?

BLACK SWAN 9.00PM
    THE KINGS SPEECH 8.50
    THE MECHANIC 9.10
    THE DILEMA 6.50

THE KINGS SPEECH After the death of his father King George V (Michael Gambon) and the scandalous abdication of Prince Edward VII’s (Guy Pearce), Bertie (Colin Firth) who has suffered from a debilitating speech impediment all his life, is suddenly crowned King George VI of England. With his country on the brink of war and in desperate need of a leader, his wife, Elizabeth (Helena Bonham Carter), the future Queen Mother, arranges for her husband to see an eccentric speech therapist, Lionel Logue (Geoffrey Rush).

After a rough start, the two delve into an unorthodox course of treatment and eventually form an unbreakable bond. With the support of Logue, his family, his government and Winston Churchill (Timothy Spall), the King will overcome his stammer and deliver a radio-address that inspires his people and unites them in battle. Based on the true story of King George VI, THE KING’S SPEECH follows the Royal Monarch’s quest to find his voice.

THE DILEMA Vince Vaughn and Kevin James headline an all-star comedy from director Ron Howard and producer Brian Grazer about a man who finds out that what you don’t say to a friend is just as important as what you do. Jennifer Connelly, Winona Ryder, Channing Tatum and Queen Latifah join them in The Dilemma, a story of how far you can bend a brotherly bond before it snaps. Since college, confirmed bachelor Ronny (Vaughn) and happily married Nick (James) have been through thick and thin. Now partners in an auto design firm, the two pals are vying to land a dream project that would launch their company.

With Ronny’s girlfriend, Beth (Connelly), and Nick’s wife, Geneva (Ryder), by their sides, they’re unbeatable. But Ronny’s world is turned upside down when he inadvertently sees Geneva out with another man and makes it his mission to get answers. As the amateur investigation dissolves his world into comic mayhem, he learns that Nick has a few secrets of his own. Now, with the clock ticking and pressure mounting on the biggest presentation of their careers, Ronny must decide how and when he will reveal the truth to his best friend.

BLACK SWAN follows the story of Nina (Portman), a ballerina in a New York City ballet company whose life, like all those in her profession, is completely consumed with dance. She lives with her retired ballerina mother Erica (Barbara Hershey) who zealously supports her daughter’s professional ambition. When artistic director Thomas Leroy (Vincent Cassel) decides to replace prima ballerina Beth MacIntyre (Winona Ryder) for the opening production of their new season, Swan Lake, Nina is his first choice.

But Nina has competition: a new dancer, Lily (Kunis), who impresses Leroy as well. Swan Lake requires a dancer who can play both the White Swan withinnocence and grace, and the Black Swan, who represents guile and sensuality. Nina fits the White Swan role perfectly but Lily is the personification of the Black Swan. As the two young dancers expand their rivalry into a twisted friendship, Nina begins to get more in touch with her dark side with a recklessness that threatens to destroy her

THE MECHANIC Arthur Bishop (Jason Statham) is a ‘mechanic’ – an elite assassin with a strict code and unique talent for cleanly eliminating targets. It’s a job that requires professional perfection and total detachment, and Bishop is the best in the business. But when his mentor and close friend Harry (Donald Sutherland) is murdered, Bishop is anything but detached.

His next assignment is self-imposed – he wants those responsible dead. His mission grows complicated when Harry’s son Steve (Ben Foster) approaches him with the same vengeful goal and a determination to learn Bishop’s trade. Bishop has always acted alone but he can’t turn his back on Harry’s son. A methodical hit man takes an impulsive student deep into his world and a deadly partnership is born.

But while in pursuit of their ultimate mark, deceptions threaten to surface and those hired to fix problems become problems themselves.

Taylor5

I said im easy but i really dont want to watch Black Swan, even the trailer freaks me out!!!

julymam

Was really looking forward to going but don’t think i’ll be able to make it now, dh has plans and it would mean having to traipse the kids down to dublin for a babysitter and then drive back to drogheda to go the cinema 🙁 🙁
    I’ll go another time if anyone else is, enjoy girls!! 😉

Taylor5

Ah thats a pity but there will be other nights

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.