Ask the experts…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

Poor you, Taylor. I think it all just seems soooooo FINAL…..

Ah no, its not poor me… i know it has to be done iykwim, but its is very very final! I dont want any more kids and my doctor doesnt understand why im hanging onto it and just booking a date!!

happymumblemum
    Participant

I don’t care I am getting on the job ASAP 😆 😆 you have all scared me in to going for it even more 😯

Aiobh will look after me xx

Taylor5

I don’t care I am getting on the job ASAP 😆 😆 you have all scared me in to going for it even more 😯

Aiobh will look after me xx

You go girl…. # ride sally ride# 😆 😆 😆

snowdrop

Hi ladies,
    I was told you still are producing eggs if you have a regular monthly cycle but it all about the quality of the eggs you are producing and how the early cell division progresses. I researched this a while back. It might be of interest to some of you girl who are thinking about trying.
    It is about CO-enzyme Q10.

Dr. Yaakov Bentov, an Assistant Professor at the University of Toronto’s Center for Advanced Reproductive Technology, says that as a woman ages, her eggs become less efficient during fertilization because the chromosomes don’t replicate as well. “The egg needs to complete a demanding process and often when a women reaches her late 30s and early 40s, there is not enough energy in the cells,” he says.

In a 2011 study published in The Journal of Fertility and Sterility, Bentov and his colleagues found that taking up to 600 milligrams a day of Co-enzyme Q10 — which can be purchased at any drug store — actually helped to improve egg quality in older women and improved fertilisation rate by 96%, resulting in 96/100 healthy babies born to mother aged between 37-42 years.

pookie2

Good to know!! Thanks! Looks like I’ll be paying a visit to my local pharmacy tomorrow!!!

Taylor5

Good to know!! Thanks! Looks like I’ll be paying a visit to my local pharmacy tomorrow!!!

Is that used in face creams? You would have fresh eggs and look like a teenager, when really your pushing 40 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

pookie2

Face creams …. Knew ‘d heard of it before. Wouldn’t that be nice???!!!

Snowdrop, can a double the amount 600 mg a day. A lot of the ones I’ve been checking are 35mg tablets…. although there might be stronger ones out there

Taylor5
    happymumblemum
    Participant

Sounds good but I would check with the Doctor first before taking anything..?

Wow that lady in her 50’s!!

pookie2

yon older mammy looks fab!!

thanks taylor – have ordered

best i could find in dundalk was 30 100mg for E60!

pookie2

dead right hmm – check everything (me & babby home sick – ENT all on fire!)

happymumblemum
    Participant

Pookie how did you get on with everything??????

I have started using the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor as I realised I was totally in the dark over o/v dates and it surprised me to find I o/v on day 18/19 of a 28/29 day cycle 😯
    After thinking Io/v on day 10-14 we have been stabbing in the dark so to speak 😆 😆

Onwards

Jedt
    Keymaster

Keep at it hmm – have you tried any reflexology or acupuncture? when we were trying this was very helpful.

Taylor5

Stabbing in the dark!! lol I was the same, i thought day 14 to 16 but it turned out to be as early as day 10!!! I often wonder how some people get pregnant by accident, feck its not easy for most women 🙄 😆 😆 😆

chewieodie
    Participant

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again….. every woman should do themselves a favour and get a hold of the book…

Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler

Honestly, it changed my life…. I thought I was pretty clued up due to my medical history… but when I read this book, I realised I had actually been rather ignorant.

I’ll have a copy of this for my daughter when the time is right… most informative and empowering book as a woman…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.