Ask the experts…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    pookie2

I’m very nearly 40 and just had a thorough health screening. I’m perfect in every way except that my oestrogen level is less than 10 (all other chemicals / hormones in this area are perfectly normal) Any idea why this is? Could it be stress? Can I imporve it? Playing with the idea of one last pregnancy – does this rule it out? Doc want me back next month to see if menopausal. Any feedback would be fab.

happymumblemum
    Participant

Have never heard of this, but I would say if you are still having periods normally surely u not menapausal (sp)?????????..

I am sure they could boost your oestrogen easily.

Best of luck, you best start trying now so..don’t toy with the idea Pookie ..go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Berry

Onset of early menopause tends to run in families. If you can check with older members at what age menopause started this could be a good indication for you.

Homeopathic remedies are a fantastic way of balancing the hormone system – at any time in our lives.

Consider how stressful life has been since arrival of last baby? Have you had a chance to fully recover – on the physical and mental/emotional levels?

All the best,
    Berry

CaliGal

I would see a herbalist ASAP to start taking Agnus Cactus to stabilize the female endocrine system…it promotes the balance of estrogen and progesterone levels which are low post pregnancy and particularly in extended breastfeeding mothers…

pookie2

Ta ladies. I

‘m coming off the pill for a few months to get a more accurate blood reading in Feb / March. Was a bit shocked as have no other symptoms and menopause tends to be closer to the 50s in my extended family – ONE exception that I’m aware of.

Have a lot of stress between work, hubby away, 3 kids, moving house, so maybe that is a factor, as have had no real’rest period’ since last baby born – nearly a year old now!!!

Funny how life plays its tricks. DH and I were wondering if we should go again, never thinking that maybe nature was intent on slamming shut that door before we got around to it. Some decisions might be made for us….

Anyone know of a good herbalist in the area?????

CaliGal

Dunno anyone locally but have been to Kathleen Ward’s clinic in Monaghan and can highly recommend it. Been in business for 25 years.

http://www.kathleenwardhealthclinic.ie/

snowdrop

Hi Pookie,
    I went to Sean Boylan,s clinic in Dunboyne and it was a success. My hubby and I decided on one last baby, so I decided to go to Sean Boylan’s clinic to get advice as I am 38 so knew I was coming close to the end of my reproducing days. I was given a combination of herbs and conceived within 3 months. My herbs consisted of enzeyems to help with egg quality and cell division, help increase progesterogen and balance esterogen. Pm me if you want tthe whole list.
    I am now 19weeks gone and after prenatal testing no major problems were detected. So it is possible. Good luck.

pookie2

Ta Snowdrop – I’ll try and google a contact number etc. Wasn’t sure if he was still in business. Just sussing out my options if we decide to go down that road….

happymumblemum
    Participant

You are all getting me frightened now ..snowdrop you say 38 and getting close to the end of child producing days 😯 😯 I am that age….

I thought if you were still having regular periods , that means there is definatley an egg every month..I know so little about this.. 😯 😯 I think I will have to read up.

CaliGal

Yes if you have a period you are most likely ovulating and releasing the egg.

I think the problem with fertility in older mothers is that the egg when fertilized, doesn’t implant properly into the womb lining or if it does, it doesn’t stay implanted thus the pregnancy is lost..

pookie2

I hear ya HMM

Got the fright of my life when he said I have POST menopausal oestrogen levels – I’m 39! I have an 11 month old. I’m just hoping it is a blip

Taylor5

my mam went through the change at 34, my oldest sister is 44 and only told it looks like she is going through the change, she is gutted

Yes HMM your hormone levels drop over the years, next time your in with your doctor get bloods done.

pookie2

I know everything will work out as it is meant to, but I’m just not quite ready for the menopause. Mam was 50+ before it kicked in rightly. I don’t know, probably just psychological, but there is a wee part of me that thinks menopause = old. Just don’t like the idea that a whole section of my life could be over. I FEEL too young to be there!!!

Taylor5

Pookie i know how you feel, i have been advised by my Gp and my consultant to have my womb removed….. i know it has to be done, but i cant set a date, i keep holding off on making my choice. its just so final!!! I think i would be happy if i was told i was going through the change, it would make my choice alot easier iykwim 🙄

pookie2

Poor you, Taylor. I think it all just seems soooooo FINAL…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.