ZUMBA CLASSES!!

Home Forums What’s New on Mumstown? ZUMBA CLASSES!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Jomoodar

Hey
    Has anyone ever been to these classes,
    i hear there’s one starting in Parish Rooms in Julianstown soon and was wondering if anyone knows anything about them?
    I need to get out of the house and have some fun, just for a couple of hours a week at least, i think i deserve it!!!!

Would love to know if anyones ever been or if anyone has any info on ZUMBA!!

CHeers
    JO

Taylor5

I did Zumba in Labfitness, its on Tuesdays at 8pm and you can pay for the course or payas you go… paying for the course is a great saver and reduced the costs to only a few euro per class. Carol is the instructor in Lab and she is amazing, great crack and a fab workout

Maria30

I did Zumba in Labfitness too. Its a great class and good fun too

Jedt
    Keymaster

I would also recommend Lab Fitness, the girls are very attentive and make sure you are ok as you go along – eg I had a twisted ankle during the summer and while I was getting back into exercising, they were always watching out to make sure I was ok and advised me to sit out certain parts of the class.

The team in there are absolutely brilliant. I have a few free class passes to try a class at Lab Fitness, I’ll drop one in to you Monday.

Hope that helps, have a nice weekend. x

Fabienne

If you’re with O2 mobile phone, they have a 2 for 1 classes in labfitness in their "o2 treats".

Fabienne

Uniquelyu

Does anyone know if there is a Zumba class in Swords….xx

Margo1

Some Curves are starting Zumba classes soon, check them out, think they are in swords.

laura

PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO START ZUMBA CLASSES.

As the first ever qualified zumba instructor in Ireland i have to say that im very dissapointed with Zumba. Zumba has spread worldwide so quickly that they have had to dropped their standards to the extend that in order to become a zumba instructor you DONT NEED TO HAVE ANY PREVIOUS FITNESS QUALIFICATIONS… or even have done exercise in your life.

As a result we are seeing a huge amount of injuries coming from this class type.
    I’ll explain further: in a zumba instructor course (that is about 6 hours long) you dont cover anything to do with warm up, cool down, injury prevention, adapting exercises, anatomy or physiology…so anyone from the street can arrive, attend the 6 hours, not having to sit any type of exam and be handed a certificate to teach at the end of that day. This is resulting in a huge amount of injuries and bad exercising technique.

So this is my advice: when attending a zumba class PLEASE PLEAS PLEASE ask the instructor for their fitness qualifications…if they have a previous qualification done, then you should be safe enough…if not stay away from it.

I feel very strongly about this, as i spend an average of 4 months of the year updating my training so i know what im teaching is safe for my clients…

Jedt
    Keymaster

Thanks for posting that Laura. I would have assumed someone teaching a class like that would be qualified but just goes to show thats not always the case.

happymumblemum
    Participant

Wow thats scary stuff..very dangerous too

Uniquelyu

Hi Laura,
    Can you recommend an instructor in the Swords area? I am looking for a Zumba class and your post has made me a little worried about joining just any class…

Thanks
    Jane

Anonymous
    Inactive

Im just back from Zumba free trial class in Aura ( Drogheda) .
    Very disapointed- too many people, and teacher is nice, but no sense of rhytm.
    Sorrrrry,but this is my view.

Taylor5

Im just back from Zumba free trial class in Aura ( Drogheda) .
    Very disapointed- too many people, and teacher is nice, but no sense of rhytm.
    Sorrrrry,but this is my view.

Thats terrible…. if you want Zumba with i teacher with LOTS of Rhytm, pop down to Labfitness. Carol the dance teacher is just amazing and while killing you with her zumba class will also have you having a ball… well worth a visit. I miss it soooo much but cant go as dh is doing nights, highly recommend it

munchin
    Participant

are labfittness running zumba this term – i didn’t see iton the timetable (could be wrong now)
    I see Stepping out are doing Zumba classes but i didn’t like their salsa – too many in the class and too slow so def won’t be trying the zumba out

Loved loved Carol’s classes in labfittness – nearly killed me but i loved it

laura

guys, we will be running our zumba class again as from Feb in our new studios in Mell..i will post it here as soon as we have the exact date.

Unfortunately the 4 instructors i know that teach zumba (outside labfitness) are not qualified fitness instructors, therefore i could not recommend them.

Both Carol and Myself will be back teaching zumba in Feb..so keep an eye here!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.