weight loss 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    julymam

MaryE it starts tonight here’s the link

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Droghedas … =ts&v=wall

happymumblemum
    Participant

Laura maybe you should start a separate thread for this, as I wouldn’t usually have looked in this thread and maybe others are the same….

I am not bothered bout losing weight, just fancy something to do close by to home and get a bit fitter, whilst meeting up with some new people

MaryE

I went to "weight loss challange" class this evening but just didnt get a good vibe from it.

It isnt for me. I dont really have enough weight to lose for that class anyway.

I now think the "Drop a dress Size" would be much more suited to my needs. Evening classes would suit me best unless i can bring the kids & even then, im back to work soon, so could only do a morning class for a short period. I presume it will be an excercise class with a weigh in????

julymam

I was actually gonna go myself MaryE but didn’t have anyone to mind the kids, was there many there?

MaryE

Yeah, i’d say about 30 people there, both men & women.

Julymam, you would have been laughed out of the place, Miss Skinny!!!

You would need to have a couple of stone to loss for it to be worth your while.

The presentation really wasnt great. it didnt motivate me. The presentater was fairly slim & i didnt get the impression that she ever had a weight problem. Maybe im wrong but i didnt get the feeling that she understood how hard it is to lose weight, it was more like a learnt off power point presentation that i would have done for work, not something that you just know from experience and truely believe in.

Also, I think there is a catch, its sort of too good to be true, like they (your coach -everyone gets assigned one) maybe advising (coaxing) you to purchase their herbal products (it is run by a herbal company). Otherwise why would they do the programme, as they dont seem to be making any money from the small registration fee!!

Also if you put on a pound you pay, every pound is €1. That probably is very motivational but for me whos weigth went up & down during our little mumstown weigh loss competition,it would mean that i would probably end up paying out every second week.

So i just decided it wasnt for me but glad i went. It would suit others down to the ground.

julymam

😆 😆 I’m far from skinny lol 🙂 think i’ve put on a load of weight over christmas aswell 😳 i’ve slipped back into a few bad habits again, i keep saying once all the christmas biscuits and crisps and stuff is gone i’ll start my healthy eating again!! 😆 😆

Kinda glad I didn’t go now, as you said its probably aimed more at people who want to lose more weight, I would like to tone up now rather than lose ‘lbs’

Taylor5

Sounds great Laura… i like the idea of Saturday afternoons or Sunday mornings/afternoons

Why not post this topic up in National chat as most wouldnt look in here

laura

thanks girls..i ‘ll post up now in nationa and louth threat

happymumblemum
    Participant

not the weekends!

libby1
    Participant

Bit the bullet last night and joined Slimming World,,,,, Very impressed

Looking forward to results

Taylor5

Do you know what i think i’ll join i just cant get started….. need kick up ass, any ideas or kicks welcome

munchin
    Participant

i had a dreadful week – lucky i didn’t put on weight – managed to stay the same but i seriously need to stop eating so much!!!!!!!!!!
    Have my notebook here now so going to start writing down everything

Taylor5

im not sleeping great the last week or so, dh in work at night and the other night i could hear noises and got into a panic, put a golf club beside the bed…… due to not sleeping great im eating lots of sugars and treats

munchin
    Participant

dd2 is cutting one of the "fang" teeth and has had chest infection so i’m not sleeping either – i’ll blame the lack of sleep for lack of willpower last 2 weeks!

Fabienne

I did my first week.
    Lost 1lb, after gaining tousands over december and early jan :oops:
    so not a huge success, but step in the right direction.

Wish you all success in getting fitter and reaching personal weight loss goals.

Fabienne

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.