Week(s) from hell…..

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness Week(s) from hell…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Sunday night myself & 3 of our children had tummy bugs; we were sick all night and the next day. It was a nasty bug and we were all shattered all day Monday and still very tired Tuesday.

Tuesday – just as we were starting to get over being sick – we discovered 3 of our children had headlice (cringe, yuk!). Set about treating them with the excellent Nitty Gritty solution, while trying to quell my tummy (from the end of the bug and my hate for nits, I detest these little bugs so much!!!)

Thursday evening, just as we were getting the headlice situation under control, our 6 year old fell onto a tennis racket and impailed herself in a very nasty way. Spent last night in hospital with her and while thankfully, she does not need surgery, she is still quite poorly. Just got home after a very long night, wrecked but grateful she is alright.

Really hoping this is the end of the bad stuff. Its been a horrid week all round here.:roll:

Fabienne

Sorry to hear your tough times.
    Hope she gets better soon.
    take care.
    Fabienne

libby1
    Participant

Hopefully out with the bad and in with the better.x

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry to hear about your bad week Sabbi….things can only get better 🙂

Jedt
    Keymaster

Sadly things have not gotten much better….

My sister was staying with us during the week with her family. We had loads of fun things planned but they had to check into a hotel because of all the sickness with the tummy bugs here – unfortunately, her 5 year old (my niece) came down with the bug too and also, caught a chest infection.

By the time they went home at the weekend, she was very ill. The pharmacist gave us some medicine for her and she slept at the airport and through the flight but when they got home to Jersey, she was burning up and they had to take her to doc. Turns out, she has developed pnuemonia and has alot of fluid on one of her lungs. She had to go into hospital but they’ve let her home now and she is on anti-biotics so hopefully, that will sort her out in a few days.

It really has been a horrid week.

Our 6 year old is starting to come around very slowly now, she is still bleeding from where she got cut by the tennis racket handle so we have her lying down most of the time because when she gets up, she tends to bleed a bit. She is so pale and poorly looking so we are keeping her still and calm as best we can and hoping that will work and that she will start to get better in a few days.

On top of all that, someone put something down the toilet when we had a BBQ last week, we have no idea what, could have been the kids messing – but whatever it was, has clogged up our plumbing terribly.

I forgot to do to the lotto yesterday – I guess I should do it Wednesday night, we are due some good luck.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh God Sabbi…..you are right ,you are defo due some good luck.

Hope things get better soon x

Jedt
    Keymaster

She is back in hospital with an infection. Spent the night there again last night and have to say, there are some parents who should be ashamed of themselves.

Making angry loud phonecalls at 3am, blaming grandparents for not keeping an eye on a child who got hurt and another parents making a loud call at 7am and a sibling texting all hours of the night. The ward is full of sick children and these ‘grown up’s’ should know better than to be making noise and upsetting them by waking them up.

Twice I had to ask people to keep their voices down. I understand emotions run high when a child is hurt but when there are sick children trying to sleep – it is just inappropriate to make noise like that. I was appalled at their behaviour.

Our daughter has an infection and is on an anti-biotic drip for 24 hours and if that clears the infection, she will not need surgery. So fingers crossed it works.

I stayed with her Thursday night and last night, so my husband is staying tonight. I have a lovely dinner here on for her and am about to wrap some up and bring it to her. The food in the hospital is actually diabolical – I don’t know how the HSE can think this food is in anyway nutritious, its awful – so at least I know I am getting good grub into her.

Off up to her now and hoping there might a little improvement since I left her with her Daddy there a few hours ago.

Its so heartbreaking looking at her like that. 🙁

chewieodie
    Participant

Aw hun…. 🙁 My heart goes out to you…. it really is horrible when they are sick, and in hospital too.. no less…..

If you guys need me for anything…. just give me a shout! xxx

felicity

let me know if i can do anything to help god bless xx

munchin
    Participant

gosh you are having a bad run – hope your dd is ok and is home very very soon

Jedt
    Keymaster

She is still getting the anti-biotic and is getting very fed up with things now, she says the drip hurts her so its awful when they give her the medicine because thats making her cry.

My hubby stayed with her last night and I got to come home and shower & sleep. Heading to Bagel Bar now for a little bit and then Im heading up myself. Fingers crossed we can bring her home today or tomorrow.

What a horrid few weeks eh?

Yvonne

God love you, it has been tough!

Hope she gets better quickly xx

LouthMam

That’s a horrible couple of weeks Sabbi. Hopefully your little one is feeling better today. Definitely get that Lotto ticket – you must be in line for some good luck.
    Take care of yourself.

MaryE

You poor thing Siobhan, hope she gets better & gets home soon. Take care of yourself.

Jedt
    Keymaster

She is home, she is still bleeding from the laceration she got when she fell and we have to watch that over the next 2 days and if it does not stop by Thursday/Friday, we’ll need to bring her back in.

Its a nightmare but I feel lucky she is not seriously ill – we saw some very sick kids in there and it makes me so grateful we got to take her home and that she is on the mend. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.