Tesco

Home Forums National Chat Tesco

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    trixiebell
    Participant

Tesco are stopping using local suppliers and buying from the UK so not good for local suppliers…

I still think Dunnes is cheaper than Tesco, for me anyway!

sadmum

Went in yesterday and the first thing that struck me is that its hard to find what you need. They have done a fair bit of rearranging and its very hard to find stuff. Like another poster I was delighted with the bigger range of quorn products and they had a lot of good value pasta etc. I also noticed a lot of tinned meals like curries or chilli or things you add water to like pastas, cous cous and wondered do their British customers eat a lot of that stuff? It took up a lot of space and I’m not sure it will be all that popular.

Definitely SMA is as cheap as Sainsburys (but still a little dearer than Supervalue), nappies are good value but other than that I think it would take some clever shopping to really notice the savings.

The typical trolley of goods inside the door contained nothing that you could make a dinner out of so wasn’t really a good example of what a typical person would by and/or save.

Jedt
    Keymaster

They have brought lots of their prices down but they have put some up too. This really annoys me – OK magazine last week was 4.17 but this week is 4.38.

Why is this when it is only 2.95 sterling??

This drives me nuts!! I always ask the managers about it but they never have a reason for the big difference in price.

So if you’re buying a mag, ask them why they are still blatantly overcharging on those!!

libby1
    Participant

Just a good suggestion – Check your receipts

I have been overcharged twice – only i checked receipts…

1. School copies advertised 0:55c , charged €1:89… difference was refunded.
    (beginning of week)
    2. Pasta with ham – €3:89 normally advertised half price, €1:90, was charged €3:89 ….. get it free… it was there mistake
    (later part of week)

How many people don’t check the receipts?

Taylor5

Tesco always over charge and they always have things marked down but you pay full price at the till

Yvonne

I have noticed this too with them, bought a pack of biscuits, it went through at €11.30!!!! Should have been about €2!!!
    Bought stuff marked 3 for 2, but was charged for all….
    Definitely check your receipts!!

Sexylady

Well hello everyone,
    The new updated Tesco StoreS all on the border have reduced there prices.
    I am a mum to be duer in around 4 weeks and have been to the north on different occasions for different things.
    I do my shopping in Tesco’s all the time and when i go North I go to Tesco’s in Bainbridge where there is bargains galore
    Last week Monday 12 packets of Pampers baby wipes 10 pound and it included the sensitives wipes same price.
    Large sudocream 5:00
    Nappies 2 pks 16:00
    Activia yougurts 8 for 3:00
    Radox shower gel and hand wash 4 for 3:50
    10 slices of ham 1:98
    Even Brennan’s bread is cheaper.
    There is a particular bread I buy in South and it is over 1:00 cheaper in the north that’s just one product
    There is bargains galore and everything is half the price of here well worth going even if you went once a month
    It is all about money been in your pocket that you can save.to buy things for you.

munchin
    Participant

dito on over charging – only happened me on sat – bought 2 t-shirts paid sterling price alright BUT the 2 individual tshirts not the price advsertised

Yvonne

Just listening to Ray D’arcy,a girl texted in about Tesco and said how she was charged more for Tesco coleslaw this week compared to last week, queried it and was told they had to up some prices to reduce others!!!! Whats the point then?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just curious about how that Tesco promise thing works….if you’re charged higher price at the checkout than the price advertised you’ll get the product free……….sounds good. Bought little swimmer nappies as 1/3 of price but when put through self service checkout wasn’t taken off at end of bill…..girls spent ages and I mean ages, checking price, trying to void and rescan item (didn’t work) and then I was told to pay for my shopping and take nappies up to customer service where I could pay separately for them at the reduced price. I asked lady at customer service did they come under the price promise thing….she said no. I had realised before I paid for them that they were scanning wrong at the checkout, but if I had paid for them and then brought them back I would have got a full refund and the item free?????????? Makes no sense at all.

I always check Tesco as lots of prices come up wrong.

angelmum

well girls,am i right to stay away from tesco,sounds like they are making a few bob here on there with all the overcharging.i dont normally check my receipt and there,s probably loads like me.i have to say if you shop between supervalu and dunnes stores you are likely to get all the great bargins and your supporting 2 long established irish stores.before you ask,i dont work for either company but i have seen so many people loosing their jobs i think if shopping local and in irish shops saves more jobs well then im willing to go with that.what about all the kids getting holidays soon from school,there will be no part time jobs to tide them over till september.remember when we were in school it would be dunnes and supervalu and the local chippers we all worked in.is that a thing of the past.lets hope not

buddy

I have to second or third or fourth perhaps, to check your receipts. I have been charged incorrectly for some items almost every week. My mother was charged €28.50 for a tube of toothpaste… I was horrified, I went back into the store and the girl just laughed. She did give me the money back and you get the item free if they make a mistake but if my mam hadn’t just glanced over her receipt then she’d never have known. Makes me wonder about the items that you don’t know the exact price or the reduction you should be getting.

Do we have to write down all the reductions and then check our receipt that the prices have been carried over to us.

The managers are probably laughing at us.

noeleenw

reminds me of the time my ma was charged 11 euro for 5 bananas in supervalu 😳 😳

mammycool
    Participant

I think they all mess up on receipts – especially on items that are marked down temporarily. I found Dunnes in Ashbourne regularly charged the wrong price when they opened. One week I was charged for 33 yogurts instead of 3. I never throw out my receipts – was going through them one day before I threw them out and found the mistake. They were not going to refund me – wanted to check the security cameras first and I kicked up a big fuss because they did not trust me.

I have been in Tesco twice – for specific items. The SMA, nappies and frutapura are much cheaper. In saying that, Tesco never appear to sell nappies in bulk, so it is usually cheaper to buy elsewhere. My ds loves the frutapura – which is normally 3.49 but got today for 2.19 – we go through 2 packets a week so that is a bit of a saving. SMA is an Irish company – so we are keeping the Irish jobs!

I don’t really think that the kids will be getting summer jobs this year – the adults need them more. I heard that a few thousand applied for a job in a new Londis recently!

Babs

Has gotten to the point now that I walk straight over to the customer service desk as soon as I pay as I am always overcharged!!! Its strange as my mam said the same thing to me about their store in Dublin too…it happens much more than any other shop…but maybe it is their system or their ever changing prices and reductions…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.