Run Fat B*tch Run….

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness Run Fat B*tch Run….

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

wow Lellykelly.. 4km in your lunch break, i am very impressed & i think you deserved all that chocolate for doing all that. 😀

Am working today & have plans straight afterwards so i wont have chance to do run/walk today but i have planned to go sat & sunday so i achieve my 3 times this week.

Jedt
    Keymaster

I did 3km yesterday and I am aching today!!! I went on my own, without a buggy to lean on and it was hard. I did about 65% running and 35% walking (and alot of huffing & puffing!)

Back out in morning for another one hopefully 😀

I got the Run,fat b*tch run book today so will be reading that over weekend too! Its all go….

lellykelly

Great sabbi, might see you when you are out in the morning!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Will be interested to see what you think of the book Sabbi.

I might not get a chance to get out today but if I don’t I am going to do exercise dvd instead.

Jedt
    Keymaster

I am enjoying the book. Its quite full on!!

I am channelling my inner b*tch at the moment and trying to come up with a name for her, like the way she has hers called ‘The Grit Doctor’. For some reason that Britney song ‘work b*tch’ keeps popping into my head!!

Got my period this morning and feel horrendous so not running today, going out in morning though. Hail, rain or shine – I’ll be pounding the pavements again.

Did 3 good sessions this week so far and very happy with that!

Jedt
    Keymaster

So here’s what happened this afternoon – I took 2 paracetemol and sat down with a cup of tea and funsize bag of maltesers (was feeling a bit sorry for myself with my lady cramps tbh!!)

As I was lounging there, I picked up the ‘run fat b*tch’ book and found myself reading about not using excuses to sit on the couch and be lazy. Basically, the jist of it was ‘get off your arse, get out for a run and stop making excuses about it!’

So, I got into my running gear and drove down to the beach near where I live. Ran for about 4km (on and off running & walking but mostly running) and it was amazing. The cramps cleared, my head was clear and I was running with the lovely breeze in my face from the sea. I literally felt brilliant at the end of it. I think I may get addicted to this (I really hope I do!)

Chuffed I got out and did it today. Had no intention of doing it until I picked up the book and found myself reading that I will continue to be a ‘fat b*itch’ unless I actually move my arse and run this fat off me.

This book is not for the easily offended or faint hearted but I don’t take any offense to it, I find it funny and straight talking and its great motivator for me. I can understand why it was a bestseller.

Jedt
    Keymaster

And while I was out running, I came up with the name for my inner b*itch.

I was running along thinking, why am I running? What do I want out of this? I decided I want to be fit & healthy and look good. The word Mamalicious popped into my head as something to aim for, so I am calling my inner b*itch ‘Mamabitchious’

That should stop me eating too many biscuits in front of the telly later on 😆 😆

lellykelly

Brilliant sabbi. I didn’t go out today cause i only had the morning to do it and the weather was atrocious! Did a metabolic effect instead which nearly killed me. That’s what i love about the online classes, i can just do them whenever suits me. Love the name you picked sabbi!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Love ME – I must do that at home myself as I cannot always get to classes. How do you do it from home? Did you get a DVD from Laura?

I’m going to try and make Willpower & Grace class next Thursday at Lab Fitness, it is a great class for runners as its all about stretching. Really helps with flexibility. Its tough but very very good.

That & some good running sessions a few times a week and I hope to be a lean, mean fighting machine in no time 😆 😆

lellykelly

You sign up through the website, there’s a tab along the top online classes. Think its 20euro for one month or 100euro for six. There’s a great selection of classes strength, cardio, yoga, Pilates, fat loss. New classes are added every month. I find it fantastic, delighted we signed up to it!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just back from my run/walk, I feel wrecked but glad I went out.

Glad you are enjoying the book Sabbi & that it got you off the couch….shes one straight talking writer alright.

I came across 2 sayings recently in relation to exercise & they are sticking in my mind when I am struggling with my motivation.

"When you think about quitting, think about why you started". (my reason is to lose my mummy tummy).

The other one relates to people seeing you running (im still not a big fan of people seeing me run as I know that I look a tad clumsy & awkward at the moment). The saying is that no one knows how long you have been running that you could be in the last stretch of a 10km …..so even if you have only seen running for a minute and are beetroot red and wrecked looking, other people don’t know that you have only just started!!.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Drink more water….Eat less crap, the way she writes is completely blunt. This book is so funny.

I like the way she gets right to the point. Like for example, for people who don’t like veggies & fruit, she jokingly calls them princesses. ‘Ah poor princess, do you not like salads??’

Its a cracking read and will make you want to get out and run. No matter what your fitness level or size, it just makes you want to get up and do it.

Crazier than any other book I’ve ever read but really fun and inspiring.

I went for a great run this morning – was a sweaty mess by the end of it but delighted with myself. And I like there is no crazy diet, all you have to do at the start is run. Nothing else. So easy to follow 😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

Rest day today and I’m glad, its lashing rain here!!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Did 4km today on the beach. I would say I am running 70% and walking 30% at the moment and the plan is to run 100% within a few weeks. It felt impossible when I started off but each time I go a little bit further before I have to walk a little.

I must say, I really like running on the beach, its much softer on my joints than running on the road/footpaths like I had been doing previously. And the sea air and scenery is a joy too.

It so hard to get up and out the door to go running but once you go, you are so glad you did and then when its over, you feel really great having done it.

lellykelly

Couldn’t agree more sabbi, i was just thinking the same, i did my 4km at lunch today and feel so much better for it. I usually get an afternoon slump but that didn’t happen today. I can never make up my mind if i prefer the beach or the road…..i did the golden sands 5k last august and up until then had only ran on the beach, when i moved to the road, i found that easier but i think its because the scenery is constantly changing whereas on the beach it all looks the same! Is it bettystown beach you run on?

I signed up for the operation transformation 5k last night, is anyone else doing it ?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.