Run Fat B*tch Run….

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness Run Fat B*tch Run….

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for those tip lellykelly 🙂

twink
    Participant

I have this book for the last 8 months….its still under the bed un-read 😳 but now I see this thread it makes me think I might read it- my excuse is that I’m too fat to run and my pelvic floors too weak!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Get reading Twink 🙂 You and me are going to be great runners before we know it!…..we can help motivate… & guilt each other into running when we are making excuses for ourselves…..so get that book from under your bed NOW! 😆

lellykelly

how are you getting on haileysmam? I’m beginning to realise the big difference between running in the summer & at this time of year. Apart from the drop in temperatures, finding the time to get out is not so easy and by the time I get in from work, I’ve noticed the evenings getting darker

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep same here Lelllykelly, not enjoying the getting dark early business (the only bonus is no one sees my beetroot red face & dodgy running!).Im just trying to do it in safe areas as would be a bit nervous in the park that I go to in the daytime as it would be too isolated at night.

I am still in the very early stages but I am seeing a little progress each time I go out….even if it is just running for 30 seconds longer than last attempt 🙂

lellykelly

Yes in trying to get out once at weekend and hopefully once a week nit great but if i can keep it up during winter, Il be delighted. Am half thinking of bringing my stuff into work and going out at lunchtime but that really would be a step too far in terms of who might see me!!!

Its great when you can start to see progress, your doing well – i enjoy running on my own for peace and quiet but it can also be a very lonely place when your the only one to keep yourself going….

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve hit a wall ladies………….and my motivation to go out & run in the dark & wet & cold is just not happening….im full of excuses not to do it.

I need motivating!…..did anyone else get the book yet?.

Jedt
    Keymaster

I am going to the library tomorrow to hopefully pick up a copy – I’ll be making you run before you know it 😀

I am going to an ‘ab class’ tonight at Lab Fitness. Half an hour all about the abs – I am half excited and half dreading it. This is my problem area so looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Will let ye all know later on. ❗ ❗

lellykelly

I am managing about two runs a week and miss my third! Still considering whether to go on my lunch break from work…..my husband is doing the OFD with labfitness so im trying to support him by following the high protein diet….not easy!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I hope you got your hands on the book Sabbi…..I need you to tell me to get my ass out there & run!…..I have been doing a lot of walking which is better than nothing, I have had Hailey in her trike & dog with me as well so not really possible to run with them both (another excuse I know! 😆 )

Jedt
    Keymaster

I didn’t – I spent an hour and a half in the dentist and am not the better for it 🙁

I will be passing 2 book shops tomorrow and going to pop in and see if I can pick it up. I am determined to get it!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

I am not meant to read this book. Tried in Easons in Balbriggan and they did not have it. Went into my local library to pick it and it was shut early due to cutbacks!

If anyone has a copy they can lend me, I’ll be at next Mumstown coffee morning in Drogheda on 5th November 😀

I will pick it up at some stage!!

trixiebell
    Participant

Just reading back there….you can all do it if you put your mind to it. Started running just over 2 years ago…run a minute walk a minute…couldnt fathom how people enjoyed running, and my hubby would be training a few nights a week and id think he was cracked.
    Two years later and im running my first marathon in Dublin next monday !
    Its addictive when you get into it but love it and have lost a stone while training for this and im actually eating more than ever 🙂

lellykelly

I got out yesterday for the first time in over a week and realised immediately how much i missed it. It feels so good when you finish up. I’ve had a really brutal few weeks but the half hour fresh air and empty head did me the world of good 🙂 stick with it, its so worth it!

munchin
    Participant

Trixie best of luck on Monday

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.