Restaurant recommendations?

Home Forums Louth Chat Restaurant recommendations?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    ellokittee

Looking to celebrate our 7 year anniversary with a dinner out, looking for a new restaurant to try around the Drogheda area (preferrably not IN town). DH is a real meat and potatoes kind of guy, so maybe somewhere that does a good steak and has great pasta dishes?

Muso

Eastern Seaboard. Does great everything! 🙂

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= … 9583174449

ed1
    Participant

The Black Bull is lovely and has a big choice on their menu. Also the Monasterboice Inn is good for a steak but a little pricey.

taurusdebs
    Fabienne

The food in the eastern seaboard is DELICIOUS but I find it quite noizy, not great for a romantic meal out. Better for parties.

I heard good things about Dvine

Let us know.

Yvonne

The Triple House in Termonfeckin is fabulous – I have been a few times now and always the food is first class.
    They have a great deal where it is €30 for a four course dinner per person at weekends..

ellokittee

Thanks for all the suggestions…DH saw Eastern Seaboard and won’t budge now, even though we’ve been before and food is great, i wanted to try something new but have been shot down. Oh well, there’s always next time! 🙄

YvonneK

Hi ya

I love the Valley Inn, the surrounds are lovely the food and wine delicious great portions and excellent value for money.

The Black B ull expensive v crowded and while you wait for your table send you in the bar……………

Carlitos in Duneer a favourite of mine

Enjoy whereever you go, you have each other enjoy your evening xxxxxx

Regards Yvonne K

YvonneK

The food in the eastern seaboard is DELICIOUS but I find it quite noizy, not great for a romantic meal out. Better for parties.

I heard good things about Dvine

Let us know.

MaryE

Eastern Seaboard & D’vine are the best places in drogheda.

Anyone know if Relish at South gate opened in the evenings yet?? Ive been there during the day and it was nice but would love to try a dinner in the evening but dont know if its open late yet.

ellokittee

Went to EB last night, meal was wonderful, service was mediocre, they were very busy of course but still no excuse. Waited 20 minutes between finishing starter and mains being served, had to ask server twice for dessert menu and then sat waiting another ten minutes for her to never come back for order, so asked another server for bill and left for sundaes at Eddy Rockets (classy, hey?!) Food was divine, but overall experience put a bad taste in my mouth.

Fabienne

Where is the Valley inn?
    What – where is EB?

ellokittee

Sorry, was going for Eastern Seaboard abbreviation while juggling twins…mommy brain! 😳

YvonneK

HI ya

The Valley Inn is located on the old Road between Monasterbloice and Dunleer.

I do not know the townland if you drive passed Donegans Inn, and drive towards Dunleer it is on the RHS 2 or three miles. Excellent value in food portions are large . Try it and you wont be disappointed.

Regards

Yvonne K 😕

noeleenw

valley inn is un mullary, pronounced mull-ar-a 🙄 its just over the road from me… i go there for lunch as its great value and quick service, also is kid friendly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.