If you ran the Lourdes Maternity Unit……

Home Forums Louth Chat If you ran the Lourdes Maternity Unit……

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    TracyDonegan

Hi Taylor

The meeting is at 8pm on the 1st floor of the Lourdes Hospital in room 109. Hope to see you there !

Tracy

posie

Oh I remember sitting in that corridor when I had my ectopic. It was horrible. Then when I had my baby, I had a C-section and my baby was in the SCBU for 6 days and I used to hobble down that corridor looking like death warmed up, several times a day when going to do feeds and passing by expectant mothers who were looking at me with the fear of God in their faces.
    Also, the SCBU is on the same floor as the labour ward, which I can understand as they need to get the baby there as quickly as possible, but it’s a pity they can’t be on the same floor as the postnatal, as it would make life easier for us mothers afterwards.

Taylor – as Tracy said..its next Wed evening.

PM me ladies if anyone needs a lift! 😀

Taylor5

I would love to attend, will have to check how dh is working. Might even try drag another few mums along for the ride

TracyDonegan

Just a reminder to come along tonight !!

Tracy

Taylor5

Sorry I cant make it tonight as Im not well this week… maybe next time

TracyDonegan

Hi everyone,

I wanted to post and let you know that the ongoing situation of mums who are having miscarriages being left sitting with other mums to be was brought up at the meeting last week. The midwives themselves are very aware of this situation and how distressing it is for these mums. There was some discussion of having a somewhat private seating area for these mums if/when the unit expands – but at the moment there’s nothing they feel they can do given the lack of space.

Just wanted to update those who posted on this topic.

Let’s keep this thread going for those who can’t make it to the meetings but would like their voices to be heard.

Tracy

TracyDonegan

Hi everyone,

Have you considered volunteering some time to improve maternity care for mums in your area? If so – Birth Matters – the Lourdes Maternity group would like to invite you along to the first meeting of 2008.

Consumers are invited to participate in 4 meetings throughout the year. We have several subgroups that you might also be interested in.

Education/Information
    Protocols – clinical guidelines
    Cesarean Reduction group
    Homebirth
    Post Natal Group

The next meeting is at 8pm on Wednesday January 23rd in room 109 (just next to the labour ward on the 1st floor.

We’d love to see you there !

Tracy

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.