Fostering

Home Forums Louth Chat Fostering

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Moonflower

well thats good to know…my brother in law is a Psychology Dr with HSE & he was shocked when we told him the response we got bcoz of course he knows how many children are looking for foster homes….its not right time for us to try again at moment but if you are 100% then I woudl certainly take it as far as you can go……..

the social worker who came to our house when we lived in navan was lovely and even though she didnt tell us what we hoped to hear she was very approachable……

of course they have to make it hard work to apply to make sure you are sure its for you as you have to be dedicated but….i wonder at times what boxes have to be ticked before they wil even consider you………

wishing you the very best of luck,

moonflower x

sunshineorla

Thay rang me yesterday . Have to go in for an interview thingy in 2 weeks. She did mention concerns about what if we were having another baby, and Logan’ age wasnt really an issue. But also that either me or Ken had to be constantly there ….no pawning off kids on my sister for an hour. That makes sense anyway. She did say that they didnt recognise creches as an acceptable form of childminding, which I thought was a bit funny . I could drop Logan there but not a fostered child. I understand about the need for security and having a small number of people in the child’s life when they are after leaving everyone they know but the way it was put was odd. Thay dont have a problem with playschool. So we will see what happens next. It’s true everything happens for a reason and if it doesn’t happen it just wasn’t meant ot be at this time. I’m thinking this but still have a knot in my stomach thinking about the interview. 🙄 I have to listen to my own advice!!!!

Taylor5

Your a lovely person so just be yourself and you’ll be fine, delighted you got your phone call…… hope you have better luck then Moonflower had.

My ex-SIL is looking to foster 2 kids, 3 kids 19, 3.5 and 2……. she cant mind her own kids never mind others, dont think my brother (her ex) gave her a glowing ref….. Mam said if she gets to foster 2 kids she will give up on the whole system, her 19 year old son said he hopes the hse ask him what he thinks of his mother and there is NO WAY she should be allowed to foster!!!!!!

Babs

Best of luck pet, if they are any good at their job you’ll get it!!! Let us know how it goes!!!

sunshineorla

Jesus Taylor, thats kind of funny, in a sad way. Do they go around asking a lot of people what they think of you?
    Thanks for all the support everybody. You’ve given me a boost. Keep you posted.

Taylor5

They sent a letter to my brother (her ex) asking him to give a ref to her, he hates her… dont know if he did give a ref but it cant be too good

Then her 19 year old son has an appointment in 2 weeks with the social works, he told my mother that she is only doing it for the money 😯

Fabienne

the 19 old son should say the truth to the social worker.

There is many families who want to do it for the love of the children, and are refused because lame excuses (kids too young…).
    It would be wrong to send children in need of love and care in the wrong family.
    That’s why the social worker is checking (i believe they’re doing a good job) but they have to be able to trust the letters they’re reading. If people lie to them what can they do.

I understand that is difficult for him to say that her mum is not a great host family. Hope he’ll find the strengh to say it.

Good luck.

Taylor5

My mam was saying she doesnt think he will say anything! I think he is saying it to her in hope she will pick up the phone and ring hse with a complaint…..
    She has a huge stunning house (has cleaners twice a week, lazy girl) they both smoke in the house, they are dog breeders and before all this the dogs are in the kitchen in cages, also N said they order takeaways every night and never ever cook…… really cant see how they could get foster kids 😯

Moonflower

just go to show some people do it for very wrong reasons…along with dog breeding taylor…wont even go into that…but the euro sign is flashing out here as main reason ……….

anyway thats brill news Sunshineorla…i am sure u wil make fantastic foster parents & u wil pass interview fine…trust your heart…

Moonflower x

Babs

Was talking to a friend at weekend who is involved in this area and she said that the age that your child has to be can be affected by the age of the foster child you request (so if you say you will only take a child of a certain age they will have policies on how old your own child has to be)…don’t know if that makes it any clearer but it does make a certain amount of sense…mind you I still think it is a disgrace to have so many children living in care homes if many families out there are looking to foster!!!! 👿 Being so hung up by red tape has made the HSE what it is today!!!

sunshineorla

Had a preliminary interview today. The kids ages weren’t a factor at all. She just said that normally you just stay away from fostering kids the same age as yours. So now we have to file paperwork applying for the process , get references and garda clearence and then there is a few interviews after that. She said that the process is about 6 months depending on if they neeed to process you faster for some reason or other. It’s a 1 year wait in Meath apparently. The social worker was very nice and answered all our questions and is going to try and put us in touch with other fosterers to get more feedback.
    Happy enough with everything so far.

Moonflower

thats good news again sunshineorla. thanks for updating your progress on here as i am keeping an eye on how u get on in hope we will be ready to reapply eventually.

good to see positive responses on this as its such an important subject.

moonflower x

scole1

great news, glad to hear all went well….

libby1
    Participant

Thats great news – Congradulations

chewieodie
    Participant

Well done! Wishing you every blessing with this! 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.