Drogheda Winter Festival 6th December until 6th January

Home Forums Louth Chat Drogheda Winter Festival 6th December until 6th January

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Skating Camp on 28, 29 Dec and again on 2,3,4 January
    10am – 12pm
    (long enough for Mum to get the shopping done)
    €20 per day
    Possible to book for only one day
    tuition, fun and games
    Prebook by calling the Festival office on 041 9846236
    Email: bookings@winterindrogheda.com

Mention "Mumstown" when booking!

Welcome to the very first Drogheda Winter Festival, a unique festival taking place in Drogheda from 6th December until 6th January featuring an ice-rink, craft market, traditional food stalls and festive entertainment all under the one roof.

Enjoy a family fun day with something for all the family.
    (Please note kids have to be 5+)

Opening Hours 06 – 24 December 2007

Monday – Thursday: 3pm – 9pm
    Fri, Sat and Sun: 10am – 9pm

27 December – 06 January 2008

Daily: 10am – 9pm

rossylisa

nice one this should be loads of fun 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

Parent & Toddler Skating Offer for Mumstown ONLY!

Under 5’s OK!

This Friday 14th at 11.00h and 12.00h due to popular demand. We are willing to give all Mumstown readers a special price of €10 for child and adult (normal price would be €20)

Call: 041 9846236
    Email: bookings@winterindrogheda.com

Mention "Mumstown" when booking!

joey_rudd

what age does the child have to be?

happymumblemum
    Participant

wow would have LOVED this but its dd nativity play that morning till 12 .30 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁

10 would have been fine for us but 20 is a bit steep this time of year especially if she dislikes skating when she starts 🙁

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think because it is a specific session for the younger kids … walking age would be OK.
    Please just double check when booking.

Taylor5

Oh this sounds fab… might give it a go

happymumblemum
    Participant

saw over on eumom that there had been another mother and toddler skating session on the 17th 😥 😥 missed this one too 😥 😥

please tell me there will be another one .

tried ringing but no answer

happymumblemum
    Participant

went up there today, d lasted 5 minutes beforeshe was fed up, thought the whole thing was rubbish……not 1 stall open , no drinks or food it was absolute shite.

only good thing was they gave my money back.

We have been twice over the past 4 days and it has been the highlight of our Christmas so far

we went around 6pm – only stalls open were the hot dogs and coffee…but we weren’t there for the stalls – we were there to skate and have fun!

the ice skating is perfect for small children as its not too crowded and its well managed to keep teenagers under control as to not be dangerous for the smallies . The staff were all super friendly, Santa was lovely and the toilets are clean. Everyone we saw on both occassions appeared to be having great fun!

my dd particularly loved it both times and is begging to go back again and I really enjoyed skating with her and having this special experience with her…there is a snow machine on the rink and it was gorgeous to watch her face as it started snowing as she twirlled under it!

we spent 2 hrs there each time and finished with a hot dog dinner for the kids…who all fell asleep on the way home. Its been a truly brilliant way to spend time as a family together and my dd has not stopped talking about it since.

Enjoy!
    😀

happymumblemum
    Participant

sounds lovely Jene…snow machine?????? Santa?????? Hotdogs??????? none of this was there when we went , I wish it had been the highlight of our xmas 🙁 It was in fact the biggest disapointment .

DD although only 4 knew full well that she wasnt skating on ice and she was far from impressed.
    Couldnt understand why no stalls were open when we went especially before xmas …
    the whole place felt desolate and depreessing …….
    wish we had had your experience 🙁

aww that is such a pity alright! Sounds like it might be really inconsistant (sp?) which is a shame as it has such potential!!

the ‘real ice’ thing might have alot to do with it…my dd (4) has never been on real ice so knew no different. In my youth I was a competative figure skater and I must say…I found it really hard on the ‘fake’ ice! LOL… had good fun though (and sore legs the following day!) 😀

Moonflower

I too was very disappointed with this festival, it looked fantastic from the roadside but when we went all that was open was the ice rink, and one stall. Very disappointing……..

What was wonderful that day though was the Santa boat going up the river by Scotch Hall, had tears in my eyes seeing that, that was a lovely festive gesture by Scotch Hall….

Hopefully things will get better each year and we shoudl all keep supporting these activities

happymumblemum
    Participant

Oh the Santa boat sound fantastic!!!!!

Thats the thing though moonflower I wouldnt go near that ice rink again next year with a ten foot barge pole.. it was a great idea in theory but come on it wasnteven ice for a start or even a good copy it was mucky plastic sheets on the ground ..my dd is 4 and never been on real ice but she knew it was crap 😆

We have a xmas market near my hometown set near a catherdal and it is truly magical it lasts for 1 week and is packed evey night with carol singers roast chestnuts the whole shebang.

rossylisa

i went on news yr day with dd and thought it was crap i coudlnt go on the skates coz it wasnt real ice 🙄 none of the stalls where open either

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.