Drogheda Winter Festival 6th December until 6th January

Home Forums Louth Chat Drogheda Winter Festival 6th December until 6th January

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

I dont understand 😕 😕 😕 It wasnt real ice! well what was it then?
    God it doesnt sound great.

Moonflower

and it was very expensive to skate, 40 euro for family of four, 12 euro for an adult.

Seems to me what always happens there was someone organising it that was hoping to make money out of it, probably charging stall owners a fortune to have stall there. It was a lovely idea but where were the stalls??? 🙁

I know HMM, where i live in england my family went to similar thing in a place called Winchester and said it was wonderful, brought lots of christmas goodies etc – ice skating was same price and was probably same sort of ice, but i think that is ok if you have the whole atmosphere going on.

But we need more things like this so still think we should keep supporting them, eventually someone will get it right surely…..

Moonflower

Ps. I am planning to organise a family fun day for DAR in the summer, so we shall see how that goes………………. 😡

Moonflower

Sorry taylor, it was like big plastic floor tiles!!

happymumblemum
    Participant

yes plastic floor tiles…….. i thought it would be like the rink at the rds thing.
    moonflower the xmas market near me in the u. k is in lincoln.

for me the worst thing was the atmosphere.. of shut down stalls we were there the fri before xmas and we were sooo excited then soo depressed in the space of half an hour 🙁

think if they ran it for 1 week only with everything open then it would have been half way decent.

redbells

It would have been great – it’s a great idea – if they had gotten the ‘festival’ part of it right. Belfast has a fantastic Christmas and Springtime European Market, with beer gardens, sausage and food stalls, loads of little shop stalls, it’s great. No reason why Drogheda can’t do the same and better. It was a real let-down when we went to the market.

I don’t think the location is the probelm as if the stalls were buzzing and actually open with shops or food in them, a lot more people would have come to the festival.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.