CAR PARK CHARGES AT LOURDES HOSPITAL CAR PARKS

Home Forums Louth Chat CAR PARK CHARGES AT LOURDES HOSPITAL CAR PARKS

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    chewieodie
    Participant

The Crosslanes parking…. is that the big car park a few minutes walk from the hospital? Sorry… but not sure, as a non-local.
    Had to take DH into hospital at midnight… and had to pay E 10 for the pleasure…. and that was only while waiting to see the doctor.
    But I have to go back now, and don’t want to take out a second mortgage to pay for the privilege!…. Where to park? 😯

Fabienne

Can’t help you don’t know car park (non local as well).
    Just want to say I hope your dh will be back on his feet soon.
    And yes, when you have a sick relative those charges adds up faster than money comes in.
    Good luck with your second mortgage 😕 😆

Do they think we all have money stached aside for emergency car park fees?
    It’s ridiculous, soon car park will cost more than major surgery!

Fabienne

Anonymous
    Inactive

hope all k. but as for parking, unless you park in a housing estate somewhere…even hate saying that but all the roads around the hospital are pay parking too…..what are people supposed to do. Its madness. Think it needs to be looked at in a real way. Even if people got a visitor parking ticket that was one fixed price for the day and you could come and go.Even one per patient would be of some benefit.

chewieodie
    Participant

I personally want to write to complain to someone, anyone…. just someone that might actually do something about it…. NOT impressed at all. Think personally that it just gets you in the teeth….

blonde

Had to bring dd yesterday for appointment was there for just over 2hrs, I parked in the main carpark (crosslanes) and i didnt realise that the 3euro fee was gone 😡 I had to park the car again unload dd, buggy etc & walk back over to hospital to pay 😡 😡 😡 charged 5 euro in total & only had 3.50 in change on me 😳 thank god some kind person gave me the rest or id still be there!! absolute madness

chewieodie
    Participant

Blonde…. I soo feel your pain!

I brought DH into the hospital (all fine now thank goodness 😉 )
    So, there I am… midnight-ish…. poor man couldn’t walk, never mind having to go across to Crosslanes…. so parked inside the hospital…
    Well to cut a long story short… there I am, just after 3am, standing on my own in front of the friggin’ machine to pay…. and of course I had a e50 note on me…. and the machine will only give up to e20 change…. so there I am rooting around for money to pay… had e8 on me in change. Poor lad saw my dilemma, after having come out himself… and gave me the balance. Then of course one of the euro coins was a foreign euro, which meant to stupid machine wouldn’t recognise it… which meant that some other security person came up to me and gave me two fifties…. honestly, what an absolute disgrace. WHO in their right minds is thinking… in an emergency situation…. "Um…. poor husband…. you are in agony…. but wait, let me see if I have money to pay the metre???" For goodness sake! To pay a e 40 charge for the day…. what an absolute disgrace. 👿 I’m sitting here in the situation where my DH has been out of work for some time… I don’t have that kind of money to waste. Sure, I’ve got a medical card…. I should have just phoned the ambulance to pick him up! Would have been cheaper…. for me at least! No really, I know I’m venting… but those of you who know me, know that it takes a HUGE amount to rattle me, I’m normally an extremely calm person. But, this just makes me furious. Right, vent over…. 🙄 Now, who can I complain to?

blonde

no chewieodie your absolutely right !!! Ive met you before and I know ur a very calm person!! but yes of course you dont be thinking of a silly thing like change for the machine in an emergency 😡 I know when we had an emergency here that my first thought was quick get to hospital, second get someone to mind the CHILDREN at 3 in d morning! !!

I think you might be able to complain to the hse , but dont really know

Why did they change it in the first place? it was working well when only been charged 3 euro for the day, I wouldnt even mind but its not like your even parking on the hospital grounds where your a stone throw from the hospital door 😳 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡

Anonymous
    Inactive

When you come up with someone to complain to let me know, wracked my brain and can’t think of anyone who might make changes:oops: …..I feel its awful to put this charge on people, especially using emergency parking facilities.

I can’t understand why they put such large parking charges in place when there is absolutely nowhere else to park in or around the hospital. I know when a child is in hospital you can be coming and going all the time, with other people coming to relieve you also. Works out so expensive. In saying that, as I’ve said before, I had that problem in Beaumont when my daugter was an inpatient for just over a month in ICU. It was touch and go, we had family/friends paying parking too and in the end we got a credit card to cover the costs…how mad is that. But it adds up over days, weeks and into a month. I’m sure many people are faced with a similar experience in Drogheda, especially when family members are long term patients in hospital. Not everyone is in and out in a day or two. Very very angry over this….and more angry as its used as a form of revenue for the hospital far as I know. 👿

chewieodie
    Participant

Right, lets start thinking…. how about a letter to HSE…. just for the sake of it… but I think the parking is outsourced…. followed up by letters to the local radio / media / politicians? I am VERY happy to write this….
    I can only imagine Mummy5 what you must have gone through, and to have to have a credit card to pay??!!! Disgusting. I’m just thankful that I didn’t have to go through this when DS was in for over a week at the beginning of the year…. I was sleeping in the hospital, and DH would come and relieve me. And then I’d return…. we still paid a fortune at Crosslanes… but far more acceptable than all of this. Oooh…. just 😈 so angry.

Taylor5

i think its happened in all hospitals over the past few months, i was told all the budgets are cut, so one of the ways the hospital can generate revenue is by ripping us off for parking….. utter joke!!!

Chewodie i know its hard for you, but i think your right more and more people will end up picking up the phone and calling 999 due to the parking charges, thus putting more pressure on an already stretched system……. imagine if you were an OAP trying to pay and find change, i know if it was my mam in your suitation she would be in an utter tizzy!

Mummy5 my MIL would be clock watching when in with her dying husband, the parking was costing anything up to 60e a day!! It was adding up fast being in 24/7…… then you get moved to the likes of the hospice with free parking, caring staff, mil said not having the worry of the cost of the parking was a huge weight off her shoulders…. my FIL as in Tallaght hospital and she hated having to have so much money as people were always getting mugged.
    Its beyond a joke!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.