CAR PARK CHARGES AT LOURDES HOSPITAL CAR PARKS

Home Forums Louth Chat CAR PARK CHARGES AT LOURDES HOSPITAL CAR PARKS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Whats the general opinion out there….I had to attend the hospital today for an appointment and while waiting I saw people ‘feeding’ the parking ticket machine serious money. :x

Didn’t think it was very fair…..a heavily pregnant woman looking for €4 to pay the fee, a woman with an elderly woman who looked like she had come from casualty looking for €6 in change and so many more.

Think if you use A&E then thats what it is…an emergency!!! I know if I went with a child 1. I would be lucky to be able to leave a young child and get away to move the car to the long term carpark…2. staff prefer parent to be with the child at all times and in these days you don’t leave young children on their own in hospitals….

And we all know you can be waiting hours in outpatients for appointments be it ante-natal appointments, to get x-ray or cast on, to go for an eye examination etc.etc. These are now very expensive appointments. Again, I think its a case of hitting the vulnerable. I didn’t see any information on any schemes to help people like parents who have children in hospital etc. Maybe there is something but its not easy to find info.

http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/newscentre/New_Traffic_Management_Plan_at_Our_Lady_of_Lourdes_Hospital_Drogheda.html

SHORT TERM/ EMERGENCY CAR PARK

UP TO 20 MINUTES FREE
    20 MINUTES – 1 HOUR €4
    1 – 2 HOURS €7.50
    2 – 3 HOURS €10
    3 – 4 HOURS €12.50
    4 – 5 HOURS €15
    5 -6 HOURS €20
    6 – 8 HOURS €25
    8 – 10 HOURS €30
    MAXIMUM DAILY CHARGE €40

MAIN CAR PARK CROSSLANES

UP TO 1 HOUR €2
    1 – 2 HOURS €4
    2 – 3 HOURS €6
    3 – 4 HOURS €7.50
    4 – 5 HOURS €9
    5 – 6 HOURS €10.50
    6 – 10 HOURS €12
    8 – 10 HOURS €13.50

MAXIMUM DAILY CHARGE €20

Last updated on: 04 / 10 / 2010

———————————————————————————————–

rossylisa

4 euro for an hour thats a bit much isnt it..
    when ever i had to go i parked outside along the road so 1.20 an hour i parked in the one opposite the hospital. think its private owned and that was 2 euro

yummymummy

4 € for an hour is CRAZY!!!!! God love the people who have to wait for 2-3 hours to be seen by a doctor or whatever!

I park at my friends mams house if I have to go into the hospital for a long time.

When my ds was in having his op in Jan we drove up, told the security guy that we were going in for surgery etc and he let us in to the free part but then this was b4 the new a&e opened, guess they are trying to recoup the money from this build from the poor sick people who have to attend there.

ps I thought the crosslanes carpark was 2e for the day??? I went to a funeral a while back and parked car there and we only paid 2e and it was there for about 4 hours.

noeleenw

its crazy… the 3 euro all day fee was fine , as you never know how long you will be there for… just typical

Almae

well girls , in may 2006 when dd was born and i was let out she remained in for 3 weeks after me and the money we spent on parking was a disgrace , well over €400, i had a c section and was going over twice a day as i was expressing for her… no lee way was given… it was a joke and is a joke.

Anonymous
    Inactive

o mother of god!!!! i am off to the hospital for a check up on my little one this week i will so be park the hell away from it!!!!! 😯

Anonymous
    Inactive

but where else is there to park…even noticed the Lourdes Church has all its gates closed this morning in case anyone parked there!!! The streets around the hospital are ‘pay parking’ which is fair enough if you can get a space. I thought the hospital car park was to alleviate parking issues around the hospital. Paying for parking, when people have nowhere else to park, is taking advantage of people needing to access the hospital and the people who decided these charges should be ashamed.

I know when I had children in hospital I would often have to leave, then come back and the person relieving me would also be parking. Also when I had my children my other half would come up early in the morning to help me as I had a CSection and wasn’t able to look after baby properly on the first day or two. Nurses are brillant but there is no nursery now in the Maternity section and CSection patients have their new babies with them from they are born. Without help how else can you lift, change etc. a baby if you are stuck in a bed after surgey 🙄 He would have had to pay aprx the €12 per day…crazy. Only for him being there I don’t know how I would have managed.

I FOR ONE AM DISGUSTED 😡

Taylor5

Thats SHOCKING!!!! OMG…. 20 euro a day to park at the crosslanes! 😯 😯 😯 Thats like a 600% increase on parking charges
    and 4 euro an hour in the emergency car park 😯 Feck if i ever have to go to OLOL I’d get a taxi it would work out cheaper 😆 😆 😆

Almae i know a girl who’s baby was in ICU in H.Street and she said she paid over 1.500 euro in parking fees over the last few months.

Mummy5 i had to sections 05 and 08 and i had my boys with me as soon as i came from recovery, on ds2 that night after dh left (about 4 hours after section) i had to ring for help to lift him from the crib. On ds1 i was lying down and i had him on the bed beside me and changed his nappy and was feeding him before the nurse answered the bell 🙄 (she was so busy, but i was only a few hours over a section and couldnt move in the bed, i felt i should have been attended to quicker iykwim)

munchin
    Participant

that is awful to be making money out of people who are either attending hospital or visitng loveds ones that are sick. If i remember rightly in the coombe – the partner of the patient had a card for free parking (well they did when my sis was last in 5yrs ago) surely they can work some system like that????

Fabienne

That’s a disgrace.
    Car park should be free.

In crumlin we had the car park free on Xmas day only.
    Fabienne

yummymummy

Tempkle street is pay parking 2.40ph and you can only be there for 4 hours.
    I dont think the numbnuts who built the hospitals ever thought of parking etc.
    My mam doesnt live to far away from the hospital so if I have to go I either walk from there or get her to drop me off.

noeleenw

cheaper to get a taxi to the hospital than park there

Anonymous
    Inactive

http://www.independent.ie/health/latest … 19447.html

An article written on 1/9/2010 before the Lourdes hiked up their charges, but an interesting read on parking fees in hospitals around Ireland. And guess what….none could show how the money was spent or documentation. whats new.!

ed1
    Participant

Its an absolute disgrace.

When I go with Robbie for the Diabetic clinic, we are usually there for up to 4 hours. There is no way I will be parking in their car parks the next time.

I think, as Yummy said, I will be parking at Mams in Brookville and walking up to the hospital.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thats exactly the type of clinic where you have to wait……you go to the bother of showing up on time, knowing in your heart it could take forever. I have been so tempted at times to just show up half hour before end of clinics and probably get seen anyway….say people will start ‘being late’ for appointments too or else ‘hassling’ the nurses and doctors on duty to get a move on as they have cars parked. 🙄

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.