Who do I ring?????

Home Forums National Chat Who do I ring?????

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ed1
    Participant

There is a car parked accross from my house in the little layby for the last week. It is a northern or english reg and I have no idea who it belongs to or whether it has been dumped there or not.

The front tyre is flat, the bumper is gone off it all together, the door is left open (although someone pushed it closed yesterday) and today the passenger window has been smashed. I am petrified it will be set on fire or something.

Who do I ring in this situation, is it the guards or the council????

Fabienne

I’ll ring the guards, they can’t take the car away but they’ll check it and could try to find the owner or contact the north ireland guards or something.
    Fabienne

munchin
    Participant

something similar happened outside my mums a few years ago and she rang the guards!

ed1
    Participant

Thanks girls I will give them a buzz tomorrow……

Taylor5

There is a car parked accross from my house in the little layby for the last week. It is a northern or english reg and I have no idea who it belongs to or whether it has been dumped there or not.

The front tyre is flat, the bumper is gone off it all together, the door is left open (although someone pushed it closed yesterday) and today the passenger window has been smashed. I am petrified it will be set on fire or something.

Who do I ring in this situation, is it the guards or the council????

Did you read about the body found in a Van in Wheaton Hall it was parked up for 4 days and the garda checked it out and found a body in it… so ring the Garda Im sure they will look into it.

Fabienne

is the car gone?

ed1
    Participant

Finally the car is gone, (as of 10 mins ago). I rang the traffic section of the council yesterday and today it was taken away. Now I am not sure if it was coincedience or not. It turns out it belonged to the travellers who live about 6 doors away from me. I had an idea it was them.

Now that the car is gone……..anyone any suggestions on how to get rid of them now.? No offenence to any travellers who may be online but these particular ones have so far stolen my sons bike, threatened the kids on our street and also driven their car through my front grass just because they could not get by a van (also travellers). Instead of letting the van go up the street first they decided to drive through my garden instead……..

ok rant over……..

Martina
    Participant

If they have been placed there by the HSE or Council, you have to keep registering complaints. There is nothing else you can do I’m afraid. If enough complaints are issued they will have to do something about it, but it will be a slow process.

I do know of a problem family though who lived in a village close to me, the residents of the estate put together a petition to get them moved. It will mean knocking on doors and getting names, addresses and phone numbers from those who sign the petition, but if you think you have enough support it would be worth it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.