What you all think of the market on west st, fridays?

Home Forums Louth Chat What you all think of the market on west st, fridays?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    pinata ruth

Hi all,
    I was just wondering what you’s think about the market, are any of you supporting the market, do you’s think its terrible, shouldn’t be there, adds or takes from the town? is it the best thing since slice bread? Do you even know its there? I sometimes arrange to have a stall would love to know what mums and locals think of it.

thanks Ruth

happymumblemum
    Participant

I love it Ruth , I think it looks great and gives the town a lovely feel..I would love to see it there every day especially inthe summer…I love market stalls it reminds me of living in France when I would wander round the fabulous markets taking in the smells and sounds , my favourite days were spent in different markets all over France..especially loved the ones in the South of France ..the divine smells of the olives, soap, lavender and fruits…also in Paris, I would seek out a different one each week on my days off..

It has to be the right sort of Market though if you get my drift 😀 Ones selling bog roll and batteries are not quite what I would like to see!!

Taylor5

I think its lovely but tbh, i only found it a while back, didnt even know it was there….. think it gave a lovely feel to the town… Dont like the Saturday market but this is very nice

jeanette

yhea its great.
    the veg stall, breads and olives and i get eggs from the girls on stockwell st,
    and they have localish potatoes (rush) etc
    hope they keep it as a "farmers market" not only brick and brack stuff

libby1
    Participant

I love it – buy from it regularly

Just hate buying Cakes and Buns when they are not covered.

Hope it stays…
    Its great to be supporting locals

Jedt
    Keymaster

I like it but…..I really do not like having to pay for street parking. Drogheda Borough Council is always complaining about people not coming into the town anymore, well if parking was free I would come in a lot more!

Taylor5

i know i hate it too Sabbi but that is all revenue for the CC, if they dont make that money from parking then they would hav eto cut back even more… its bad enough the state thetown is in at times!!!

I cant street park anymore i have 2 bald tyres, no nct (forgot to book it) and my tax out of date on Wednesday 😆 😆 😆 Wont be doing my tax for 2 weeks 530 or something like that, so it has to wait 😆 😆 😆

pinata ruth

Thats all positive, thanks god. Parking isn’t even free for the stall holders to load. On one occassion my mams front wheels were touching the disabled spot while she was unpacking the car. We had cicled the area three times and this was the only spot we could get. The traffic warden didnt give her a ticket but he was very rude and just kept hassleing her to move. It was unnecessary and upsetting.
    Other than that we do love being at the market and planning to be there this friday. So if any of you are down town come and say hi.

Thanks
    Ruth
    http://www.pinataspinatas.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s add a lovely atmosphere to the town, its great to see lots of people buzzing about, its a great idea!

There is also a lovely market in Balbriggan on Friday’s, thats great too.

I think its a great idea and creates a good buzz across the town, so here’s the BUT I do think its slightly unfair the way that the council has situated it right in the middle of West Street as it has been Narrow West Street and other side streets that have been hit dresdfully since the recession has kicked in. I think it would be a good idea to move the market from one end to the other every second week to put some more business into the other side of town not only West street or mabe even get lots of stalls and turn the whole lot into a market completely pedestrianising west street/Narrow west street for one day only a week?

Kate

I really like it too! I agree with libby about the produce not being covered though, there was a nice little sweet stall but I saw wasps and flys around it (bleaugh). Aside from my own idiosyncrasies, It’s a great idea and a lovely vibe. I also agree with Knitters&… would be nice to see the other side of West Street getting a look in.

pinata ruth

thanks to you all that came to visit on friday. It was a really lovely day and everybody in great form. Its fast becoming one of my favourite markets to work. We won’t be there every friday but keep an eye out as i’ll be popping up every now and then.

Ruth
    http://www.pinataspinatas.com

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.