Turkey & Ham!!!

Home Forums National Chat Turkey & Ham!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    sweetpea1979

i’m sure hjs has her turkey pre-ordered as i do and i’m sure there won’t be any more traffic there as there normally is around drogheda and any of the surrounding areas……….always busy anyway around this time of year! sometimes takes me longer to get around drogheda town than actually driving to swords or even newry………..ah the joys!!!

oh well i suppose we could stick it for once a year!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

scole1

well enjoy your turkey and hams girls i’m piggybacking off my mother in law and my mother lol……..

don’t do cooking me….dunno how, dh does it and we’re going to parents this year so will be nice, we’ll return the favour perhaps new years with party food…..lol……..

rcole

Love Xmas din dins.

It is never to late to order what you need for the dinner. There was a bit of a problem last year with Ham but that was due to the pork scare earlier that year.

Boned and rolled is the handiest way, butchers have it to a fine art now where you just get the breast meat and littel or no brown meat. Love ham more so than the turkey.

Go to any butchers, tried Tuites recently and thought the quality and size of the meat for the price is excellent. Callaghans in Bettystown are very good also. Wouldn’t like to leave it much later than Saturday to order, however saying that I remember being in Drogheda about five or six years ago late in the day on Xmas eve with an offer on turkeys for a tenner. Obviously wanted to get rid of the stock before the end of the day. Wouldn’t reccomend leaving it that late but whatever.

Like I said not to mad on turkey one year I got a very large free range organic chicken and it was wopper, nobody noticed the difference and were mad complimenting on how it was not dry.

Almae

well as its only me and hubby and dd for xmas day i order a turkey crown and ham for 39.99 in Glessons in Navan and the crown will be cut in 2 so i can freeze for the new year 🙂

hjs

Darlings!

I’m not quite Margot from The Good Life where Christmas arrives in hampers having been ordered from Harrod’s, but do defo go with the pre-ordered lark. I shall be breezing in to M and S at 8, having had a nice coffee and a squizz at the gossip mags in Starbuck’s around 730, picking up my order and waltzing south again, all to be back for 9am so that dh can go and do his "day’s" work in Swords from around 10 til noon!

Well, that’s the theory anyway – when you see steam coming out of my xmas eve posts, u can pull a wry smile (Taylor!)

But seriously, surely one of the things about Xmas is having a break. well-deserved for us all. So in the spirit of Tint Tim and his dodgy leg, "Merry Christmas, one and all!"

Taylor5

Hjs I cant wait to read about your m and s Drama on xmas eve 😆 😆 😆

Will you bring me back a starbucks 😉

Oh I love cooking xmas dinner, its soooo not stressful. We dont do a starter if its just usand the kids, so that takes alot of hassel out ot it…… i will be doing about 5 or more veg as we all eat different veg…. oh cant wait.
    i love xmas eve I do my sausage meat stuffing yum yum Ds1 isnt a meat lover but he will eat about 2ibs of stuffing over the xmas…. Oh that reminds me I forgot to get mayo

Bookwitch

I enjoy cooking Xmas dinner also it’s great fun!!

yummymummy

Im cooking again for the family this year 🙂 actually enjoyed it last year…altho my mam cooks the turkey and ham and brings it down to me x mas eve 😆 😆

Saves me running about to diff houses….taking j away from his toys etc. there is always method to my madness haha

hjs

TAYLOR – MINI CRISIS ON!!!

Can’t find my order form?!?

I come to yours on Xmas now for defo, with dh who talks like the Queen (to repeat myself from an earlier post and for the avoidance of doubt, THE Queen, not A queen), fussy dd, nutter ds and mangey dog with me (I don’t possess one of the latter but will go out of my way to source one in time to arrive at yours for the festivities!)

Aw shucks, I found it, crumpled at the bottom of the bag with half a cherry lolly and a lil-let trailing its tail stuck to it! 😀 😀 😀 I’ll have to come to yours next year instead!!!!!

chewieodie
    Participant

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆
    you had me at the lil-lets!….. 😆 😆 😆

sweetpea1979

omg hjs – i better get off the bed before i fall off laughing……..your’e hilarious 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

husband A Queen…………ha ha only joking – could be be represented for The Queen…………….. 😆 😆 😆 😆

Almae

found it, crumpled at the bottom of the bag with half a cherry lolly and a lil-let trailing its tail stuck to it!

ah girls jaysus if i never had a weak bladder I def do now ::)

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.