Toddlers blood test came back abnormal

Home Forums Louth Chat Toddlers blood test came back abnormal

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Fabienne

As Sabbi said, have a sick child is very scary, and it’s difficult to keep our mind functionning normally.
    Writting questions as they come, is a good way to keep you aflot.
    I had a tough winter with my son, went to is final check up (he’s great now) having all the questions in my phone, turn it on during chek-up with Dr and read the questions. Got even questions about what a nurse (public health nurse, not used to this case) told me, ending up not being right.

Just hope now that they’ll find out what it is. And that this episode will end well and soon.

Take care,
    F

Taylor5

Ah the poor thing, is he still in hospital? I was over in OLOL yesterday with my baby, he has to go into the Day ward for tests and needs Ct scan and MRI done, he is only 6 months and it will kill me seeing then take bloods from him, not looking forward to it at all

MaryE

He was just admited for one night, he has been in & out of the day ward since.

Taylor, they sedated my ds for CAT Scan so wasnt too bad. Taking the bloods is the worst & the docs are brutal at taking it. Hope your little man is ok.

Taylor5

Oh never let a doctor take blood, always demand a Phlobotimis does it….. you should have seen the state of me after a doc tried to do my bloods, I called her a vampire!!!! couldnt see someone do that to my baby

scole1

maye hope your ds will be better soon and you get to the end of what’s causing problems…thinking of you and your ds

Sabrinab 08

Hi marye.. few days since ive been on.. hope you and little man are doin ok. and hope he get ssorted soon, god love him there’s only so much kids can go through, takin blood is just horrible!
    Had a look around on the Haitus Hernia..
    http://www.joyfullivingservices.com/hiatalhernia.html
    http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread81061.html
    They seem to explain a little bit, interesting to see their also coming up with the exact same ideas! hope your going to get answers soon.Also for the hernia there seems to be a lot of alternative therapys available out there 🙂

MaryE

Hi All,

Just a quick update:

DS doctor phoned me from the hospital yesterday. Ds liver enzymes have really improved, not normal yet but heading that way. He is to have more blood tests tomorrow but she is hoping that there wont be any need for more – fingers crossed.

They also got some of the other blood tests back and he is not ceoliac (relief), the tests show that he had Glandular fever Virus!!! Seemingly small kids can have it with few symptoms and his symptoms were probably masked by the symptoms of his hernia.

Still have to go to Crumlin about his hernia but at least his liver is nearly back to normal.

They are still waiting on other blood tests to come back but doc said all the signs are good that they will come back negative.

We are delighted with the news, really hope that im not posting this too soon.

Thank you for all your posts & pms.

We are off on holidays this weekend, so the news was perfect timing.

Taylor5

Thats great news, glad it was all good.

I had ds2 back in OLOL getting more bloods, the ones he got 2 weeks ago needed to be done again, but this time the doc was brilliant and got the vein in one and there was loads of blood, not like the drip drip drip effort last week…… so fingers crossed all will be good

Sabrinab 08

Aw MaryE that is great news.At last you know were you stand and he is improving, thank god.Enjoy your wkend now and relax 😀

Fabienne

That’s a good news. Happy to hear that.
    Take care of you and your family. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.