Tesco and their Price Increases

Home Forums National Chat Tesco and their Price Increases

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    sweetpea1979

i’ll back you up too only thing is i’m not around at the moment – but will see if i can get onto internet to listen to ray darcy and see what happens……fingers crossed….

Anne

Swear this is my last rant…………..

Ive just sent an email to Ray Darcy, so we’l see does he read it out

Anne

Taylor5

Anne I shop in tesco and when the big price cuts came in theydid a coleslaw and potato salad thing only 1 euro, now its 2.49 😯 The label has changed so think they are trying to make it look like a different product..

i would buy tesco cooked ham (just for myself) in little single servings, was 69 cent now 1.30 cent 🙄

I notice a few of the sauces like the colmans brands have gone up a few cent and frozen stuff like cod fish fingers about a euro 🙄

Do they think we are stupid!!!!! Was about to do my weekly shopping for about 110 now its always about 160 ish

Anne

Here is a few of the price increased iv noticed in last few weeks

9 pack of toilet roll was €2.45 now €3.55
    Winalot Dog food can was .55c now 65c
    Roll Icing was €1.27 now €1.49
    Box Icing Sugar was €1.50 now € 1.65
    Choc Digestives was 45c now 55c
    Choc Bars 83c now 95c
    Passata Sauce was 52c then 59c now 69c

On those items were €7.57 now with the increase of €1.91 they are €9.48 👿

I hope i added them up right 😕

Thats only a few of them……………….

Anne

Jedt
    Keymaster

It’s bloody annoying alright – we should be seeing decreases not increases!!!

trixiebell
    Participant

I know this is another e.g of the north vs the south thingy, but I have a tesco northern ireland receipt here and a tesco Ireland receipt and a few of the items that the price difference nearly gave me a heart attack.

Same brand

Donegal catch whiting filets €4.45 euro Vs £2.81 stg 😮 😯
    Old El Paso burrito dinner kit think they are €3.35 euro Vs £1.89 stg
    Ragu Red wine and Herbs sauce BOGOF @ £1.00 so really only 50p a jar, I stocked up on them!

I noticed a HUGE price difference on them Glade diffuser thingys the ones with the sticks in them, I think they are something ridiculous like €8.00 down here and I got them for £3.00 stg.

I shop in the north because I am always up there and I am a northie and know we have been getting ripped off for years!!

I am all for local shopping and do support my local centra, as they do have great offers on toilets rolls, tins of sweets, Bud light etc, but I will still shop around and buy where is cheapest, I am off on maternity leave and money is tight here as well.

babycam

I shop in Tesco every week, when I was there on monday I actually told the girl that my items had scanned in at the wrong price cos I coulnt believe the increase was so high!! But why hasnt this been publisised yet? Im very surprised noboy has been on gerry ryan

Anne

Hi Ladies

I emailed Ray Darcy Show, and received a call friday evening, this will be featured on Mondays show, i emailed them the price increases i noticed and told them to log onto Mumstown to see what you lovely ladies had to say also, So listen in ……………. They have a consumer watch section it should be on it

I bought a bag of Odlums Self Raising Flour on Tuesday it was €1.99 and on Thursday it was €2.19

Everyone should ring their Head Office and make a complaint, its day light robbery

Regards
    Anne

babycam

I’ll definitely be listening in, Hope they ring head office live on air!!

Almae

well i just came home from shopping and I am fuming 👿 .
    I only did a half a shop and i mean a half a shop compared to normal and it was €98. normally my full shop is €120 approx. jaysus if i did a full shop i dread to think what it would have been 👿

i will be listening with great interest tomorrow to Ray D’arcy

Almae

did yee hear Ray D’ARCY this morning , this issue was brought up. delighted. tesco should be ashamed 😈

Maria30

I heard the Ray D’arcy show this morning. I m glad they covered this issue but thought they could have given it more time.

Its time we voted with our feet and stopped shopping in Tesco! Its the only way they will listen to customers

Taylor5

maybe get onto joe duffy…. think we should all email tesco and tell them we will all start talking with our feet and shop elsewhere if they dont put the prices back down

Anne

Thumbs up for Ray Darcy Show for reading my email and bringing their price increases to light………………….

We should all shop else where………………….hit them where it hurts!!!

Regards
    Anne

missysmum

I’m in too!

its insulting! they think we just wont notice? supervalue here i come!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.