So annoyed with myself….

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT mams.ie Weight Loss Support Group So annoyed with myself….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

you are so funny!

i might still have something for you though!…im working with the guy that invented the metabolic effect to launch an online programme for people who cannot get down to our classes… so you can work out from home..the only thing you would need is a set of 3kg dumbbells…

let me know if this is something you would be interested in.

Taylor5

Since the Midterm i had done NO exercise at all!!! I had myself in okay shape. We went away for a few days over the midterm and getting a full lrish everyday and then 3 courses, add that to no exercise…. i just cant get back into it, not working out and eating crap.
    If im working out i eat well, if im not i dont eat very well at all and its starting to show.

I feel terrible and im sooo annoyed with myself. How do i get back on track? Any exercise tips? Any healthy eating tips?
    I just watching a programmeabout Obesity on RTE, one man said he wanted to get back in shape for his children, he wanted his child to see how hard it is to get back in shape if you let yourself go! I was like yes, come one! It made me stop and think and he did inspire me!
    All tips welcome, how do i keep motivated?
    Thanks in Advance

MaryE

Oh i saw that programme last night too, fair play to them they all did great.

Sure you know all this already, its just getting back into again is the hardest:

Go to skinny jeans class tonight at 7pm that will get you started.

To stop myself snacking i drink skinny lattes & suck sugar free gum. It stops cravings.

Eat Omlette (no cheese) for lunch, it fills you up without eating carbohydrates. Then some fruit for dessert.

Everytime you are hungry, drink water first & then see if you are really hungry.

GET OUT OF THE HOUSE. My biggest downfall are the days im at home, cant stop picking.

Someone said this to me recently & i think its great
    "I wish i didnt do that excercise" – Who ever said that? NOBODY. Everyone always feels better afterwards.

Taylor5

Im getting back into it, but im sooo annoyed with myself! Im really all or nothing, i wish i could find a happy Medium.
    When i work out i dont eat much carbs (well other then rice,pasta and spuds with main meal) I eat loads of fruit, make smoothies and will not allow myself much crap, as i look at a biscuit and say "oh thats 30 mins workout" I havent sweated my ass off for an hour to undo it by eating a biscuit…. but when im NOT working out i would make a cuppa and have 4 or 5 biscuits, its like sure im not working out and im being bold, sure i may as well be bold and have the biscuits!!

How can i find a middle of the road area…. I really want to get in Shape as its my 40th next year and i have picked a fab tattoo that will run from the top of my leg, along my bottom and up half of my back, i dont want to have wobbly bits i want to be toned……. can i order a KICK IN THE ASS on ebay? 😈 😆 😈 😆

Taylor5

Goodbye, i wont get my ass moving with computer one….. im going to stick a naked picture of me on the goodie press, that should be enough of a kick in the ass 😆 😆 😆

Hawkeye

Goodbye, i wont get my ass moving with computer one….. im going to stick a naked picture of me on the goodie press, that should be enough of a kick in the ass 😆 😆 😆

I’m sure I’m due a coffee and some goodies! 😆 😆 😆

Taylor, from talking to you, I know you already know all the right things to do and all the things to eat or not eat, it’s just a case of breaking it down into bite size daily chunks of motivation. Set youself a small goal each day of an additional activity as well as dropping a bad habit (can be a biscuit or not using stairs instead of a lift etc.) Kick start with taking measurements and weight and writing them down and set your realistic target. I might have mentioned the facebook page of mindslim, the periodic motivational tips are great for keeping you on track (or getting you back on track if you slide!). No bother to you!

Jedt
    Keymaster

jeepers Taylor, I thought you looked amazing last week at Laurence town centre VIP night! but its also about how you feel. For me, I feel sluggish and lacking in energy when I don’t exercise. I don’t like not being able to get out for a run or walk and a few classes at Lab Fitness each week. It makes me feel strong, is a great way to de-stress and also, helps me sleep better.

skinny jeans at 7 tonight is a fab class, highly recommend that one – really great. 😀

If you can try to commit to a few things a week, like one run, one walk and one class, you’ll be feeling great again in no time.

Taylor5

I’m sure I’m due a coffee and some goodies! 😆 😆 😆

Some Goodies!!! 😆 😆 😆 Thats how rumours start 😆 😆 😆

Well today i had poached egg for breakfast, salmon and wholemeal bread and green tea for lunch, about 1.5 of water so far and an apple.
    I didnt go for my walk, but i got my stepper out and stepped away while i did the ironing.
    I will walk the dog later (when ever dh gets in from work) and do a few sit ups and free weights, i really need to get moving!
    Right my goal starts today, I want to be 1 stone down or very toned up by March…. not too pushed about the weight on the scales more the shape and tone. I so want to be in a better place, i have a self image of my self and its soooo different to the reflection im getting back!
    Well one lesson to myself is, its easier to fit in a work out around the kids on midterm then trying to get back into the habit…. so no days off on work outs over the holidays or im back to square one! Its just too hard to let things slide and then even hard to get back on track.

libby1
    Participant

Hi

Youre the women that motivated me… U look brillaint, what id do for your figure..

I am down over a stone and a half since mid august, i walk for 20/ 30 minutes every day and i swear by slimming world..
    I recently relocated a exercise bicycle and since sunday i am doing 5 minutes a day on it.. and by god im struggling.. its so hard..

Dont beat yourself up everyone needs treats,, its good to feel good..

Taylor5

Libby that is amazing, im delighted i could motivate you…… now i need some 😆 😆 😆

I have a bike and i love it! The first day i got on the bike i think i did 4 mins and died a death! Dh used to road race so he would do 80km no problem, so i now try keep up with his 15 or 20km. I stick on my music (very loud) I did have it in front of the tv but i dont work as hard as i do with the music. I got back on the bike last night, dh had the football on so i stuck my iphone on and did the whole second half, i did 20km! Im delighted and feeling great, got the dog out and did 6.5km and home for weights and sit-ups…. im eating well the past day or so, so getting back in the grove.

Sabbi i was laughing how you said i looked well, it was a photo of me that night in McPhails that really shocked me at how flabby i had gotten 😆 😥 The camera never lies

laura

hi Taylor,

i know you and i know you have just fallen of the exercise train 🙂 it happens to everyone, even to those very dedicated.

please stop looking at food as ‘i have to do so much to burn this off’. Food, as exercise should be a pleasure..just a matter of finding a happy balance.

get yourself an exercise buddy (so you dont go mitching) and come down to metabolic effect… is a 30 min class which main focus is to get your metabolism back working properly (after years of abusing by going on and off diets)… as females we tend to store more fat on the tummy area and the only way to get rid of this is by getting your hormonal levels back to normal… so it is not about the calories, its’ about the hormones.

if you mail me your fitness goals..what way you want to look for your 40th, i can help you achive them..we can set weekly and monthly targets and get you there…if you need my help im more than happy to offer it
    laura

Taylor5

Thanks Laura i really like the sound of ME, but i havent got a minute at the moment… my husband is working 12 hours shifts so not a minute of spare time, so back to working out at home.
    If i sent you a picture of how i want to look, you would laugh your ass off and tell me to aim for my 50th :lol::lol: 😆
    I want to get rid of my "mammy" shape! I want to have the flat 6 pack tummy i had in my teens and 20’s, all my muscle is still there, i tone and build muscle very fast, its just building it and shedding the X amount pounds of Blubber that it is hiding beneath
    When i said if you eat (for example) a Twix with a cuppa thats nearly 200 cals, which is a good workout. If i look at the twix as an hour work out i find the strenght to put it back and pick a healther option and i will be happy making that choice. This might sound mad but if i say im going to watch what i eat i will crave goodies, if i just look at it in workout terms i find it easier to put back and it feels like im making the right choices and i no longer crave the goodies, i feel i could have them but its my Choice NOT to have them……. I think im a weirdo! 😆 😆 😆 But it works for me…. until i dont do any exercise and my bad food habits kick in, i need to break the link 😆

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

Youre the women that motivated me… U look brillaint, what id do for your figure..

I am down over a stone and a half since mid august, i walk for 20/ 30 minutes every day and i swear by slimming world..
    I recently relocated a exercise bicycle and since sunday i am doing 5 minutes a day on it.. and by god im struggling.. its so hard..

Dont beat yourself up everyone needs treats,, its good to feel good..

I just wanted to say well done Libby on your recent weight loss,really glad to hear that slimming world is working so well for you.

Taylor It sounds like you are back on track,im sure you will get to the target you are aiming for if you keep your motivation up.you can do it 🙂

Taylor5

Check… have 3kg weights. Yes i would be intrested in it, but you know me im can be a tad lazy! I do like the classes for support and you just dont work at hard at home. How many ME classes do you need to do in a week?

libby1
    Participant

Taylor

Great to hear youre back on track.. Go you…
    Haven’t been on bike since – but was down another 2 lb this week

Thanks Haileysmam..

Hope Hailey had a nice day on her birthday…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.