Smells which remind you of things..!!

Home Forums National Chat Smells which remind you of things..!!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    chewieodie
    Participant

SInprey….
    strong flower smell?…. sounds like you’ve got Angels playing with your babs! 😉

Mmm…. what makes me remember things?

Estee Lauder: White Linen…. my late mom….

Garlic cooking…. has to be my mother in law, who is a fantastic cook, and always turns out something incredible!

Vanilla…. a very soothing comforting smell for me…

Wood burning… particularly outside, takes me back to SA, and our Braai’s in the garden / on the beach (BBQ’s to you Irish folk! 😉 )

The smell of fresh bread baking…. mmm YUM!!! Used to get it virtually out the oven from our local supermarket in SA….

scole1

chewie that’s gas your calming smell and my calming smell is vanilla i just love it…mad eh….. 😉

Fabienne

burnt toast

love that smell, it reminds me of my childhood, when I spent my summer holidays in my grand-mother house by the sea-side.
    Always had over toasted bread for breakfast (thje toaster was then not great).
    Then followed the sound of the knife to scrap to black bits.

Now my children spend their summer in the same house with their grand-parents, and they love it, but new toaster, so they don’t know that smell.

Talk soon,
    Fabienne

Liverbird

Yeah!! the summer rain as a child always waiting for the rainbow’s end to land in my street with loadsa GOLD . Still waiting 😆 😆 😆

Anonymous
    Inactive

Were just talking about this topic yesterday at home and I have had the smell of burning in certain rooms in my houe a lot recently….the babies room and my other son’s room. Its not a nasty burning smell but more like a cross between a sweet smell and a turf fire smell…..if you know what I mean. I open the windows to check its not coming from outside but definately its inside. And not in the hall, just the room!!!!! Only I smell it and once my older daughter did too….but my other half doesnt get it at all even when its strong. Strange. My Mum still gets the smell of her dad’s tobacco and I was wondering with her is this what I’m smelling….she thought it could be. My little boy has the same name as her dad’sbrother and they were close far as I know.

Has happened about five times now in about 4 different rooms rooms in the house at different times.

Liverbird

OH MY GOD MUMMY5, You just put the shivers down my back 😯 Spirits in the home. I think its wonderful though to have close deceased relatives to visit. I took photos of my children in the sitting room and when i developed them there was like Bubbles on the photograph and i was told it was dead spirits beside my children 😯 😯 😯 I shit myself but in a good way 😆 Hoping it was their Great Grandparents 🙄

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.