Scouts!

Home Forums National Chat Scouts!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    scole1

there is a scouts in bettystown, again waiting list is long, i have had d1 name down since he was about 2 or 3….can’t remember but his name is down…

Mammyd

The long lists are primarily due to the lack of leaders but also sometimes due to den restrictions. Very often parents begin to volunteer after their own children have been there for a while and move up the groups. Lots of parents unfort are not prepared to do the training courses and tend to drop out 🙁 which is a shame as it’s hobbie that people make life long friends from.
    From a parents/leaders prospective it’s great, personally i was a wimpy leader and only helped for DH due to female’s in his section but had many a great night with lots of great gangs and still do! 😀

Currently going through a massive change in programme thats been the last few years in the making and currently starting to roll out so think the programmes they are doing will be even better than before.
    Will have both my girls participating.

National office can be contacted 01 4956300 and they can provide names of local groups with numbers. There might be another group he could join.

Taylor5

Im going to ring my cousin he work in the National office, lovely girl emailed me she said ds is on the list, the lists are long but the entry age is 6, so even if he has to wait until 7 that no big deal
    Will get ds2’s name down now

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.