School Places for Sept

Home Forums National Chat School Places for Sept

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

Moonflower where did you get them? Please….. God reading your post make me feel normal 😀 😀 😀 😀 I believe its the parents job to teach prayer and bring to church. I want it to be a happy time, something that we want to do not something force on us.
    I tell him bible stories but would love childrens versions, I make some up or forget major bits 😳

posie

I got a present of a children’s bible for my DS for his christening. It’s a lovely book and I think it was bought in Veritas in Dublin, but I’m sure you could get one online.

Taylor5

Yeah that where we were thinking we would have to go too, but hoping we could pick one up in Drogheda…. dont really want to buy online as I want to have a good flick

munchin
    Participant

taylor i got a beautfil little childrens "prapyer book" in tescos it was only 4.99 i think and has prayers in it for all sorts of occassions i’m not particularly religious but i loved this and say a prayer from it to E every night, i know they had them in tesco’s ashbourne

Moonflower

Hi Taylor,

they r a boxed set of 2 chunky books by Parragon, i think i got them in that newsagents in Scotch Hall, when they first opened they had some wonderful books for children but not so much choice now.

even though i was never christened, i always went to Sunday school when i was a little girl…….loved it…..we got to play games, read bible stories, went on outings….it holds happy memories…..but it was an Elim (sorry spelling) so may of been a bit preachy as children got older but we never went when we got older…i think seeing the huge baptism pool that you had to jump backwards into when u got older put me off….it was like a mini swimming pool in middle of church!!

have a look on amazon….i just brought some new tarot cards today and they were 23 euro in Waterstones, cost me 10 on amazon!!

Canucklass

Hi Moonflower

I was glad to read your post because it made me feel less abnormal.

We received a lovely book of bible stories from the church for Christening. I still have my book of bible stories so will be using that.
    Church was a big part of my grandparents life and my dad enjoyed it and always made it seem magical. I did Sunday school, choir etc etc. I loved it. It was only when I got to high school and the born again movement started to take hold in my friends that I started to question things.

How do you find out what parish you live in?? 😳

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.