Say hello to our new Girl

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents Say hello to our new Girl

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    super minder

well done to you all xxx
    god bless your sleepness nights and extra nappies lol

LouthMam

Congratulations – great news!
    Glad Mammy and Baby are safe and well.

ed1
    Participant

Ah congratulations on the arrival of baby Summer. (love the name). Hope you are all doing well.

beams

Many congratulations – delighted all went well . Fab name too 😀

munchin
    Participant

haven’t been able to get on site all day!
    Wanted to say a huge huge congratulations on the birth of your little girl – lovely name too

miffym

congratulations to you and david, on the birth of your new baby girl. Summer, great name.

lyn11

Congratulations to you all on the newest addition to your family 😀 😀 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

congratulations and enjoy these very busy but very special days. 😀

kcireland

Congratulations Siobhan & Dave!
    I hope to meet her in a few weeks:)

MaryE

Oh so delighted to hear the news. Congrats to all the family & welcome to the world Summer – what a beautiful name.

Siobhan, im thrilled for you that you got to have the home birth that you wanted, hope it all went well.

Such happy news.

Hawkeye

Ahhh, that brought a smile! Congratulations to all of you!! So now we’re guaranteed a beautiful Summer every year! 😉

Great health to all!

Dave.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Thanks for all the lovely messages…

Feeling very tired but very very happy. She is a little cutie and is feeding really well. She made her way into the world in quite a hurry so we are both exhausted from the journey!

Water’s broke at 2.10am and labour kicked off around 2.30am. Called our midwife and told her it was starting but not to hurry (that could have been a mistake as it all went really fast from there!). Got into the bath around 3am and practiced the Gentlebirth programme I had been listening to while pregnant, which was very helpful.

At around 4am felt things were really moving fast and was relieved that my midwife was here by then (as great as my hubby is, did not want him to catch the baby!). Moved out of the bath and had to stop twice on way to the bedroom for contractions.

Hopped onto the bed and the contractions were coming fast and felt it was time to start pushing. My midwife did not even have time to check me, it was clear we were near the end and within a few minutes, she was born. It was quite intense to have it all happen within 2.5 hours but good that it was speedy.

She came out, gave a little cry and then snuggled into me and then we both had a little cry 😀

Our midwife checked us both over, gave me a bath, put fresh covers on our bed and settled us back to bed before leaving us to go to sleep. We all went to sleep and then after 8am when our children woke up, they came into our room and had the most surprised little faces when they realised she had been born while they were asleep. It was so lovely.

The kids are all ecstatic with her and we are in that hazy state of sleeping and feeding and not knowing if we are coming or going. Feel shattered and a bit sore but very very happy, grateful and really delighted that she is here.

Righteo, off for a nap if we can get 5 minutes peace & quiet!

beamam

well done Siobhan and big Congrats to you all on the birth of Baby Summer xxx

Great news congrats guys 😀

Biddy

Congratulations,great news ,Love her name too,Hope you are both doing great.xx

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.