Run Fat B*tch Run….

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness Run Fat B*tch Run….

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Wow Trixie, are you doing the Dublin marathon? OMG – fair play to you!!!! That’s amazing.

I went for a run this morning, had baby in the buggy and off we went. Ran about 3km. Felt great afterwards. Really sets me up for the day when I get a good blast of exercise in early.

Keep going girls – we can do it!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

You are putting me all to shame 😳 ………..I really have to get my ass back into gear with this. I am doing a lot of walking but the running is gone by the wayside 🙁 im going to restart the book I think & re motivate myself.

Anonymous
    Inactive

ok……….im back on track 🙂 …I have even got a workout DVD out from the library (the lose weight workout with Mikyla Dodd) I used it for 2 months 6 months after I had Hailey & I lost over half a stone so I am going to do this when it is raining or too dark for me to go out & run.

I know others on mumstown are trying different things like restricting their food intake but my willpower when it comes to chocolate & crisps is terrible so I reckon if I up my exercise by doing the DVD at least 2 times aweek & running/walking 4-5 times a week I will shift this stone that has crept up on me over the past 6-8 months & I will still be able to enjoy some treats 😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

Right are you ready for a laugh??

I went for a run with my toddler yesterday. I had her in the jogger buggy and we had some music playing as we went. I did about 3km and was coming to the end when I stopped for a stretch, drink of water and a rest.

As I stood there, catching my breath there was an old lady across the road pulling her little trolley along to the shops. She looked over at me and called out ‘Hello Dear, are you alright? Do you need medical assistance!!!!???’

So basically, the state of me at the end of a run, makes an old lady think I need an ambulance. I explained I was grand and had been running and she asked again, was I sure I was ok.

So not fit!!! 😆 😆

Jedt
    Keymaster

Good luck to Trixie and all the Drogheda ladies running the marathon on Monday – nice to hear them getting a shout out on Will Leahy show this evening too.

Good luck girls – I am in awe of anyone who can run a marathon!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have fully commited myself to this running lark now!-I went to Elverys today & they checked my running gait (I was a bit mortified running on the treadmill in front of everyone but it was only for 30 seconds!) so I bought the runners they recommended & now I have the proper running shoes I feel extra motivated.

Roll on my new exercise regime, weight loss & fitness here I come 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sabbi I feel your pain I look like a beetroot after running even for a few minutes 😳

I think you are great running with a buggy, that’s a great accomplishment. 🙂

lellykelly

What’s involved in the gait analysis……ive heard so much about it and need new runners myself now so said id go in.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Lellykelly, they have a treadmill that you run on for 30 seconds & they have a camera zoned in on your feet & it sees what way your feet/ankles go when you run.my foot rolls in excessively (overpronation) he said that 80% of people have this problem & he showed me specific running shoes that have a support on the inside to keep your foot in the ideal running position.

so he said someone with underpronation would wear completely different shoes to me.

It seems to be worth doing,i have been out in them twice since I got them & he did say they would take a bit of getting used to as your foot is being held in a different position than usual.i have a bit of pain in my ankles but he said I would get used to it quickly.my foot does feel very supported in them.

I don’t think all Elverys have the gait analysis in store so maybe its worth checking out on line before you make a trip.i got it done in the pavilions in swords.

lellykelly

Great thanks haileysmam. Were the runners he recommended expensive?

Anonymous
    Inactive

He asked me my budget & for the type I needed they ranged from 40 (which he said were very basic & had foam support rather than gel support which is better & lasts longer) so I went for the 85 range I could have gone up to 100-150 but he wasn’t pushing the higher priced options.

I hope you get on well with it.

my motivation is remaining high, i have done the work out dvd 3 days running & I have been out every day as well to walk/jog & trying to run!

I am aiming to be able to at some stage in the future RUN the whole circuit that I currently walk in one go without resorting to walking at all…..I reckon it could take me a few months but I hope to get there. 😀

I hope whoever did the marathon today got on well & you have my greatest respect for the amazing feat that you have accomplished today 😀

lellykelly

How did you get on Trixie. It was inspiring watching all the runners yesterday and reading their stories this morning!

trixiebell
    Participant

I did it! Totally and utterly ecstatic that I can now say im a marathon runner! I would totally recommend the experience, its not easy, but im a determined person and wont back out of something easily!
    I am still very sore today, legs are like lead, but suppose its a good sort of pain if that makes sense!
    I completed it in 4.21 and my aim based on my training was around the 4.15 mark so am very happy!

Plan now is to rest up for a few weeks and see what I want to do next…another marathon, well never say never lol, but for now, I might aim for getting my 5k time down to a sub 25 min and my 10k down to sub 50 mins…. we shall see!!

Keep at it girls, if I can do it, so can you 🙂

lellykelly

Congratulations Trixie, that’s a fantastic time. I completely in awe of someone who runs a marathon its a brilliant achievement. Enjoy the celebrations 😛

munchin
    Participant

well done Trixie that’s a brilliant achievement – enjoy the few weeks rest – very well deserved!
    congratulations xo

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.