Post baby Tummy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    curly2011

Should I bother trying, I had 3 c-sections
    but still have to make some effort, and I said goodbye to a flat tummy years ago, but still would like it for my 40th, but time is running fast.

Fabienne

curly2011

Hi laura

What is the best excercise to do to get rid of a flabby belly, & tone up my stomach muscles after having 2 babies? Can you recommend a particular class or excercise for this? Is there anything I can be doing at home aswell, as I cant get to classes very often.

blonde

Yes any tips would be great ! im in the same boat , just cant seem to get rid of it 😳

Fabienne

same here.

laura

hi Girls,

thanks for the question…i probably get this question about 20 times a week, as im sure you agree with me when i say after having babies your tummy is never the same 🙁

This is the way it works:

1. First of all there is a huge difference between having a natural birth and a c section… i always encourage my clients to try to go natural if possible as if you have a section, chances of getting your belly back to what it was are 50/50. The abdominal wall has thousands of tendons and nerves going through, so if a cut is made (such as a section), when stitching it back together many nerves may no reconnect and you might feel nomeness in the area. When you exercise the brain sends a signal to the muscle but if the nerve is damaged the signal cannot get through therefore the exercise is in many occasions wasted.

2. the second most important aspect is how much abdominal/core training you did before the baby/ies…. muscles have memory so no matter how big your bump was, if there was a toned belly there before, with the right exercises it will go back to that previous shape…

ok that’s the lesson over…now let’s get down to the possible solutions 🙂

1. spot reducing (which means losing weight of one particular area) is not possible…if it was i would have a six pack!!!!… exercise works as a whole body approach…. im guessing the main issue after babies is being left with a wobbly stomach…. then the first thing you need to do is start doing hardcore cardio (im talking jogging, running, aerobics, step, rebounding…anything that makes you break into a mad sweat!)….. BUT NOT WALKING!!!!!…. the idea of cardio is that constant impact will break down the fat….

2. once you have lost a bit of that excess tummy, then you can start with toning exercises…. but make sure you dont do this til the tummy is almost gone (crunches, fitness pilates, ab attack, etc)

3. the last bit and the one that will give you the ripped six pack is your diet…. you need to have a diet very low in sat fats and salt (as salt makes you retain fluid), and with lots of protein

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING OF THEM ALL IS THIS:

IT WILL TAKE A LOT OF TIME AND DEDICATION TO ACHIEVE THIS…. this is not a result you will get in 2 months…. we are talking 9-12 months of dedication.

So to sum up, get jogging or doing high impact aerobics (if anyone needs recommendations for classes please post back), control your diet and once the wobbliness is gone, get toning

Laura

curly2011

Thanks Laura, that helps alot!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Laura – you do have a 6 pack 😆 😆 thats why we ask you these questions!!!

What advice would you give to me, I am walking 3-4 times a week and doing some swimming. My belly is growing quickly now, as am 24 weeks pregnant and really starting to show now but am thinking about getting back into shape after baby and wondering what I can do to keep fit & look after the tummy area while it is expanding!

Thanks!

laura

of course you should bother Fabienne!!!…the C section thing doesnt apply to everyone and believe it is better to do little than nothing at all! 🙂

the number 1 exercise to get rid of the tummy is cardio (and not crunches)..you must first get rid of excess fat before toning starts…so go for the licks of aerobics, zumba, jogging..anything that is high impact and makes you sweat like mad!! (think of any activity that makes all the wobbly bits go up and down….as that helps to break down the fat)

once you are happy you have gone down in inches, then is time to tone up it up.

hope this helps 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.