pork recall

Home Forums National Chat pork recall

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

did you see the news at 9 all pork products bought since september are to be destroyed because of a contaniment pcb. This was banned in 1979 and can affect the immune system. just another blow for the farming trade with christmas around the corner minus the ham and no more big breakfast :cry

Taylor5

Im a bit worried as I had a massive sausage craving for the last few months of my pregnancy and was eating about 3Ibs of sausages a week 😳 😳 😳
    Think I’ll give the help line a call

noeleenw

As you probably know i am a farmer and this is not the farmers fault .. its the mills who supply us with the feed for the animals we buy the feed in good faith but a good few times they dont put in what they say goes in – cutting costs- feed prices have been mental for the last year or so and have only started to go down now .. i really pity the farmers involved and think the millers should compensate us for the stuff we have to dump

happymumblemum
    Participant

Taylor 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Your fec****d then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😆 😆

Liverbird

To Noleen, my husbands parents are farmers too. You guys suffer the most. Not being truthfully told by the millers of wats going on. Something has to be done about them. As always, nothings ever done until something really bad happens.

happymumblemum
    Participant

How can this sort of thing keep happening?? It is very scary not to know what we are eating…

Would love to buy Organic meat all the time ..but how can we even trust that let alone afford it??????????????

Taylor5

Heard its gone to beef farm too! If we have been eating it for months why not just let us eat what on the shelves and get new clean stock in shops for next week…. why clear ALL pork products if its such a harmless thing.

HMM Im not worried about me but what about my darling baby? What if it affected him?

noeleenw

hi there , there is absolutely no risk ib beef … i was in lidl today and was amazed at the amount of produce that isnt irish most rashers and cooked ham are british there … just goes to show … i really do think on hearing the full story that ot was ott to do recall all the pork products … now we are all worrying 😥

happymumblemum
    Participant

I wouldn’t worry Taylor, in all fairness the amount of chemicals and crap we are all exposed to on a daily basis is massive anyway- a few sausages wouldn’t make much difference.

I would reckon cleaning products and the stuff they put in to soft furnishing would do more harm than your sausage habit 😉

Taylor5

HMM I swear it not just a few sausages, if I gave birth to a sausage I wouldnt have been surprised 😳 😆 😆 😆 I do think your right about other chemicals, sure you’d get more in a cig or a cigar

libby1
    Participant

In Tesco today – they were rashers and Ham ( big pieces)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.