My Metabolic diet diary – trying to lose my belly fat!

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness My Metabolic diet diary – trying to lose my belly fat!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    mammycool
    Participant

Hi Sabbi,

Are you still doing this? How are you getting on?

Jedt
    Keymaster

Yep, still doing most of it – it is very doable to be honest.

The big changes for me were swapping cereal for smoothies in the morning, swapping sandwiches for salads or soups at lunchtime and having a more balanced dinner with a mix of protein & carbs & veg etc.

I cannot believe it but l have come to really like green teas! I still have a few cappuccinos a week but l have herbal tea at home in the afternoons & evenings most days and this really helps my digestion.

I feel very good on this food plan, it suits me and I plan to stay with it. It is normal food and normal portions but just a different way of balancing meals – so a little less carbs and a little more protein and fibre. l do not go hungry, so that makes it realistic for me.

Off to Metabolic cycle at 6.25pm this evening if anyone fancies it!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Bowl of strawberries and cup of pomegranate green tea is what I had for a little snack earlier and I was not even bothered there were no biscuits with it.

Laura has changed me…. 😉 😉

mammycool
    Participant

Ooooh – I cannot stand green tea!! I have starting drinking Lemongrass & Green tea and I like this one. Also, the red berry is lovely.

I have kinda gone off coffee – though I did have a Butlers cappuccino last Monday and that was still lovely!!

I did this for April and it was fantastic – one big permanent change was snacking on bread andother carbs. Now, most of my snacking is fruit, raw carrots or seeds(yummy!!). Also, I always have my breakfast now – even if that means I have to get up earlier.

Jedt
    Keymaster

I don’t like plain green tea either but add some apple & pear or orange & lotus flower and its yummy! I cannot believe that I actually mean that but I really do.

I have to confess, last night – after my healthy & yummy green tea and strawberries, my husband sat down beside me with a cuppa and huge chocolate digestive biscuit and I caved in and had a little bite. Just one little bite and I was happy with that and did not want more but I could not resist it!

So I am not a total health freak by any stretch and I have the odd weak moment but I am doing my best and sticking to this eating plan because I like it and it is working for me and I can see now this is how I want to eat.

Its so much better for me than counting points – I did that before and almost drove myself mad!! 😆

If anyone wants to come to Metabolic class with me Monday morning at 10am, please feel free to come along. I am the small blonde one who takes alot of breaks!! Sometimes it helps to know there will be a friendly face there if its your first time and its for all levels of fitness – when I started back there last June I was so unfit but I managed to get through the classes and now I feel much fitter than I have in years.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Have a 5 year old homewith a bug and did not make class this morning so heading at 6.25 this evening instead if anyone fancies it? Its only a half hour class so not too hard!

3 kilo weights, here I come 😯 😯

Jedt
    Keymaster

I have to say, I think the Zaggora pants and tops are brilliant too. They are so supportive to wear when exercising and also, make me sweat alot!

I love the way they feel on and they do help you tone up in the belly and leg areas.

I feel like I am wearing body spanx heading off to a class in them! 😀

http://www.zaggora.com

Jedt
    Keymaster

Oh my word – we did skinny jeans class outdoors last night. I thought my heart was going to come through my ribcage!! It was mental.

Good but mental! 😀

siobhang73
    Participant

Laura,
    This programme sounds like what I need.
    When is the next available session starting?

Sabbi,
    You have done so well – the results are amazing!

Siobhán

laura

the next one with available spaces (1 place) is july 1st…after that we have places in 29th September

Jedt
    Keymaster

Siobhan – you will do great, its really doable! I am still sticking to alot of it most of the time. There are some changes I made that I feel I will stick with because they suit me.

If anyone is looking to increase energy levels, tone up, improve digestion and basically feel much better – this is the programme for you!

siobhang73
    Participant

Thanks Sabbi- have put my name down now so no going back! Starting 1st July and looking forward to it. If I do half as well as you I’ll be delighted!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Siobhan if you want to come to aclass with me please let me know. I love going with other mammies (you know the saying, misery loves company!!)

Just kidding, I love the classes.

siobhang73
    Participant

Thank s Sabbi, once hubby eases off on the work front, I might make it to a class or 2.

I’ve just got my plan information and think I might have a few questions for you as I go along, but first off, any chance your sister would share the cookie recipie you mentioned??

Siobhán

Jedt
    Keymaster

Sure here is the recipe –
    Ingredients:
    5-6 tablespoons of peanut butter
    A few teaspoons of sugar or honey.
    A handful of mixed nuts
    I egg
    1 teaspoon baking powder

Preheat oven to 180/gas mark 4

Blitz the nuts in a blender add then add in the peanut butter and sugar/honey. Beat an egg and add to the mixture. Finally add the baking powder.

Make them into small balls and flatten them on to a sheet of baking paper on a tray. Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 mins.

Remove from oven, let them cool down and serve and enjoy!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.