Money Saving Tips

Home Forums Louth Chat Money Saving Tips

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

Yvonne that was my old "Castlemanor" butchers and it was great.

I bring my coins to AIB on Dyer street and if you have an accout they dont charge you to change your money

mamacita

I didn’t know they did that at AIB. I always see those change machines in the supermarkets- they charge 10 or 20 percent to count your change!

Taylor5

Yeah, but you have to have an account. Some local postoffices take them free aswell.

ed1
    Participant

the bank of ireland take them too. as long as you have them sorted into money bags.

noeleenw

i bring them to my local shop, they are glad to take them as they get charged for change in bank , before christmas i gave ds a bag of change there was 15 euro in it he brought it to li**style sports to buy a ball the cashiers jaw hit the floor when she had to count it , it was all 20 cents sod them money is money

Taylor5

Oh it has to be in bags for the AIB and the Post Office…. Your right money is money, sure it wouldnt take long to count 15euro in 20 cents. I know an old woman who pays for her paper or milk in 1 and 2 cents, its all fine saying money is money but I do be saying a few other things when stuck behind her with a crabby ds in his buggy 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

noeleenw

thats why i sent ds in 😆 😆 😆 😆

Taylor5

My mam takes ages to fiddle in her purse and we were in a shop last week, when the girl kept tut tuting as she was taking so long….. my mam said out very loud "Sorry, Dear am I not going quick enough for you?, well Im nearly 70, with your attuide you wont see 70!" 😳 I ran out of the place 😆

pinkbabe

Dunno why the staff in shops go on like that… they are there from 9 to 6 regardless of how long ur mum takes @ the til

I used to love the old dears that came into the shop I worked in while I was preggers (some even bought L pressies when she was born)

Yvonne

That happened at the Next sale – but with a much higher amount! The girl said it was €270 something and the customer started handing her bags of change!

Taylor5

Ah thats a bit crappy doing that in the sales when the staff would be mad busy…. but its still legal tender 🙄

Girls is anyone fed up paying 70 or 80 quid a month on Sky? Well I am!
    I was just talking to a friend who has NTL (he lives in Dublin) he has the basic package for about 30 euro a month, he got a box off the internet for 150euro you plug it into the back of your NTL box and you can get ALL the NTL/Chrous packages. they up grade their security systems every so often but you log online and get new codes and reset the box…. Well Im going to give it a go!

pinkbabe

A few of my mates have that free view box too & find it great

I only have basic NTL digi (no movies, no sports) & find it grand so wouldn’t be bothered with it myself, I had sports & movies for a while but only ended up killing bf over sports & find movies cr@p

happymumblemum
    Participant

Yes we know about that taylor heard it is great …would defo do it but we would miss Sky plus too much 😆 😆 cant beat being able to pause live telly especially with sprogs around 😆 .

Taylor5

HMM ntl do the same thing its called dvd live or something, you can pause and record live tv for 8 euro a month

happymumblemum
    Participant

Yeah thats right forgot that, however i dont like ntl its very slow to changechannel and the menus are crap… very particular about my telly.
    We actually have a massive hard drive strapped to our dvd player and have zillions of movies music and photos on it and just watch them directly thru the telly, a menu pops up on the telly with differetn folders… dunno how dp does all this 😆 😆 if it was me i would be sitting there with a black and white telly and a betamax video recorder 😆 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.