Money Saving Tips

Home Forums Louth Chat Money Saving Tips

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    pinkbabe

have any of u tried doing a 1 down shop

basicly if u usually buy…

brand x try the tesco finest x
    tesco finest try tesco own brand
    tesco own brand try tesco valu brand

works with most things but wouldn’t try the valu brand meat

u’d be suprised how much ur shopping will go down &TBH there is a lot of things that cheaper brand is just as good just in diferent package

Taylor5

Do they do that tesco stuff in Dunnes ❓ 😆 😆 😆

Yvonne

Thats a good idea and something I am going to try – cleaned out another press yesterday and another bag of wasted food – so I am not doing anymore shopping until the freezer stuff is gone, then I am planning on heading to Sainsburys to stock up and will start afresh. I am going to change my shopping day from Thursday evening until Sunday evening – we are rarely at home at the weekend, so not much food is used – so the fresh stuff isn’t nice come Monday!

happymumblemum
    Participant

Good idea Yvonne silly buying food to sit going off all weekend

noeleenw

there is a great butcher at the brink service station on the ashborne rd you get ten lbs of mince for 12 euro and theres no fat in the meat at all lovely

libby

Where is that butchers , i heard a lot about it.. it is Carolans isn’t it??

I am not sure where it is?

Taylor5

Is it irish meat? Im very fussy about meat after mad cow and bse, I dont cut corners with meat at all, wouldnt think twice paying 50 euro for 2 fillet steaks and a free range chicken…. sorry!

I did see that a new butchers is going into Bryanstown, its called Hoey’s, does anyone know anything about this butchers?

How to save money? Dont bring dh or ds to the shops with you… went over to mothercare to bring something back and look for a new dog kennell….. well dh bought a golf trolly for 500euro and ds got new books in smyths (great offers 3 for 2 on all books) 25 euro, then sfuff for the dog another 25 quid, but no kennel 🙄 🙄 🙄
    Im shopping alone next time 🙄

noeleenw

hi there it is carolans , he has the nicest t bone steak ever , lovely chicken fillets etc , i know he sources alot of the meat locally and will only buy a certain type of animal . lovely lamb chops !!! He is situated on the slane ashbourne road beside ma murphys dinner , he does ten lb specials , also you can get a deal on 10 chicken fillets, the fillet steak is gorgeous too bot i am hooked on the t bone 🙄 tell him i sent you

pinkbabe

yep Dunnes do
    Brand name, dunnes finest & st bernard

Taylor5

Im not too hot on the Ashbourne road area, is that the diner near Ashbroke garden center? My mam is a lover of tbone steak but since it came back she had it a few times and it wasnt great, might go out there and give her a treat. If he buys his meat local then I’d be willing to give him a go, just dont like the idea of butchers getting meat from England or the North etc…

rossylisa

taylor the farmer shop in laytown sell gorgeous meat and also do a load of homemade jams and sauses

noeleenw

its about 4 or 5 miles south of slane , there is petrol pumps outside it and panda waste is not too far from it , all his meat is locally sourced as far as i know definitely not imported from the uk or any where

Taylor5

Ah I know where your talking about, might give him a go when dh give me my car back.

Rossylisa the butchers in the farm shop in Laytown is McEvoy, the same as Wheaton hall…. kinda looking for someone new, you know a change is as good as a rest

Yvonne

Kieran’s butchers in Yellowbatter has lovely meat aswell and a very friendly service.

mamacita

One question- how do you lodge the coins? Will the bank take then?
    Great ideas everyone! Especially in Januarywhen we all feel the pinch.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.