loom braclets

Home Forums National Chat loom braclets

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    scole1

okay i have one for you… what is the story with the newest fad of loom bracelets… kids all nuts for them, they are great for the kids to get creative and make them for friends etc…we did when we were younger with wool friendship bracelets and any elastic we could get…but holy moly these sets are silly prices for them….

anyone spotted cheap packs anywhere?

Jedt
    Keymaster

we are surrounded by them here!! all our kids from our son aged 11 to our daughter aged 2.5 are mad about them!!

l brought some home from Jersey last week, l got a box with 600 bands and all the bits to go with that for £4.50 and the kids have made so many bracelets with them. it has kept them occupied every time it rains.

my son even made me a necklace to wear to the communion on Saturday! l’ll be so fashionable wearing that 😉

Aside from the extra vacuuming needed and the odd argument over who owns which bracelet – they are great.

my sister is coming next month and l’ve asked her to bring loads of them with her!

not sure if Smyth’s do them – they usually have good deals on crafty stuff so might be worth a look in there. or maybe Art & Hobby?

l’ll be on the lookout for them and when l come across some l’ll let you know 😀

lellykelly

The pound shops do them. 1.50 for 300 bands. Saw them in claires for 6euro which is bit steep. Though i see now there’s add on charms etc you can get for them. My daughter loves them…..theres great peace in the house, it keeps her occupied for hours and she has orders from brothers, nannys, aunties for them. Made two very cute ones for her brothers, a white one for a present for my sisters wedding in June and one in the Brazilian colours for her Brazilian husband to be!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

pound shop here we come!! any pound shop in particular lellykelly?

scole1

Oh will have to get some….I did spot them about a month ago in euro shop but not since so any tip on where I would be thrilled to keep them quiet … And there are even different designs like dragon tails or something I don’t know goes over my head

lellykelly

Ive got mine in Dublin but i heard they were in a shop in scotch hall Drogheda. Same price. They all said they are impossible to keep on shelves though are flying out! Don’t think dealz have them, i went looking there in Dublin about two weeks ago and they didn’t anyway!

munchin
    Participant

ha ha we went on a search for them a few backs and they weren’t to be had in Drogheda – the €2 euro shop had them but had sold out and Smyths had them but again had sold out. There is awebsite called loombands.ie – she’s selling the pack of 600+ 24s clips for €3
    I got a few packs as we’re going on holidays on sat and the kids all LOVE them. E1 is swapping the colours in school – I’m sure the teachers are delighted – the school actually has a few of the looms
    oh that website has tutorial videos – most of them are American but great ideas on it 😉

scole1

oh thanks for that munchin will check it out…

will also check euro shop just in case

Yvonne

I seen a box set in Claires for €25, ridiculous!!

We got them originally in the euro shop and then on Ebay..

Boyds did have a couple of small packs

Fabienne

They’re sold out or near to sold out nearly everywhere.
    I got some on ebay 600 for less than 3 euro delivery included. From china, they said delivery in 2 to 3 weeks, we got them exactly 1 week after I ordered them.
    What I did it’s ordered from diferrent sellers, so even if I’m still waiting for 1 more delivery we got 1 already and happy kids.

What I don’t like it’s kids selling it, at least my kids school put an end to it on the school ground.
    Nice to make it, offer them.

liangjianchun2011 was the seller you send it fast.

Fabienne

munchin
    Participant

eurogiant in Ashbourne has boxes of loom bands last night – it’s the little packets of 300 with some clips and a hook – € 1.50 😉

Yvonne

They had them in Scotch Hall last night too 🙂

munchin
    Participant

was in Toymaster AShbourne there looking for something else an he thought I was after loom bands – said they won’t have them for a week – he reckons the craze will only last the summer – bloody hope so as much my daughter is loving them they are ALL over my house!

libby1
    Participant

They have them in €2 shop on West st today, loads of them, looms and all
    😀

mammycool
    Participant

That place in Scotch Hall has a sign on the window on Sunday that they were back in stock. My son got 3 packs for 1.50 I think it was.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.