Looking to buy a house in East Meath Area, but can’t find

Home Forums National Chat Looking to buy a house in East Meath Area, but can’t find

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Fabienne

We’re looking to buy a house in East Meath Area. But no luck so far, we need 1 acre of land (give or take) or a field adjencent to it to rent as we want the horse at home.
    4 bedrooms or potential.
    Condition of the house not an issue as we’re willing to do a good bit of work to modernize. And of course our budget will not strech to full acre of land with house in perfect condition. We prefer to compromise on the house rather than the space.

Went to few agencies, and daft but no luck so far.
    Some agents don’t even ask for our details to contact us if they get something, they advise us to check their website regularally. I guess they have so many sales that they don’t need to contact potential buyers :?

So if you hear or know someone who might think of selling, please let me know.

Fabienne

Jedt
    Keymaster

Did you have a drive around? are there some properties for sale along the Bettystown/Laytown road?

Sometimes there might be a for sale sign up and it may not be registered with an agent.

There is a house for sale in Sevitt Hall but its only on about 1/4 an acre.

There was a house for sale in Sevitt Manor but it has been rented out for a few months now – might come up for sale again during the year though. I’ll keep an eye out around here for you 😀

Best of luck with the search.

Fabienne

Spent part of the afternoon checking on Daft. Will make some appoitments for visits.

Will have to drive more aorund and get phone numbers.
    We’re starting to consider giving up the idea of 1 acre if house is right.

I saw the one in Sewitt Hall but I don’t know why but not tempted by Sewitt estates. Sabbi could you PM me and give me your personnal feeling good and bad about those 2 estates? I think afraid it’s too big of an estate? Could be wrong, it’s just a feeling with no base or real info to be based on. It’s a perception, compare to based on reality.

I want a dog and would be afraid that neighbours would not like dog outside or barking occasionnaly.
    I think there is good and bad about estate life, but at the moment I only see bad side of it. Need space, starting to feel claustrophobic.

Fabienne

scole1

there’s a bungalow in mornington, corner site but there is big garden area, might be ok for horse but you would know when you see it…

libby1
    Participant

What about Donore…..

Fabienne

We did not explore Donore. We should check the time needed for the school run to the Gaelscoil An Bradhain Feasa.
    But good idea, will look into it.
    Thanks,
    Fabienne

scole1

or what about contacting local farmers that may have a bit of land they could square off? what about up near colpe allotments there, if there was an area he could square off for you…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.