lonely SAHM………in Dundalk……

Home Forums National Chat lonely SAHM………in Dundalk……

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    happymumblemum
    Participant

ciara you sound really all ways very sad, I hope you are getting plenty of support from your dh and he is aware of how you are feeling.

I am sure your dd will love playschool and it will stand her in good stead for going to school in a few years, she will be too busy looking at new toys and other children to be upset at you for leaving her 😀 you may cry- i did ..but dont cry at leaving her ..cry at how well you have done bringing her up and her being the age for making new friends.

Maybe we could meet up a few times first before descending on your house 😆 😆 😆 just pick a day and we will go for it.

Sounds like you know the main areas in Drogheda you will find your way from those no problem.

not sure on playgroup try taylor /scole or joey rudd as I am more of a ball pooler 😆
    Regards weight I am on the wrong side of size 20 so dont be worrying none of us are perfect 😆

Taylor5

Your not over a size 20 HMM…… well if you are you look very well on it.

The nice playgroup is in the Presbyterian church on Palace street (this is to the rear of the M&S/Laurances shopping centre) its in the parish hall which is down stairs under the church. Palace street is just to the left of the Laurances Gate, you know the arch at the top of Laurances street…. sorry I dont think thsi will help you at all

Well its on Tuesdays from 10 to 12, its 2 euro and there is plenty of tea and coffee and toast for the mammies and juice,popcorn and toast for the kids. Its a wonderful group the girls are all soooo friendly, except me ❗ 😆 😆 😆 😆

happymumblemum
    Participant

bought a shirt for work it was actually size 24 taylor..it helps i am tall but most of my clothes are size 20.. thanks for the compliment though 😆

Taylor5

Ah thats just the boobs girl not your real size

Sweetpea

Hi Ladies,
    Ciara & Canucklass, I know where you are coming from on the shy front, it is very hard to put yourself out there in unfamiliar territory and especially with groups of people. I has been a year since I had my DD and I still feel sometimes as i did when i was in the school, the quiet one in the corner and last to be picked for games etc (i was crap at sports). But for the sake of my DD I have pushed myself to go to things, sometimes its great and other times i come home sorry i bothered. I personally am much better with 1 to 1 or small groups so please do pm me. Dundalk is only up the road and me and DD have yet to checkout The Marshes 😉 😀 😀

Canucklass, i am in droghead at least twice a week (have to escape the 4 walls when we can 🙄 :lol:) so dont be short of some one to meet for coffee and cake (i love and excuse for cake 😉 😉 )

Taylor, i read the thread re the playgroup in the presbyterian church and decided to look in on you one tue but couldn’t find my way in. I know where the church is and the little road way opposite the rear entrance to the shopping centre…. is this the way in or am i way off the mark 🙄 🙄

posie

We should have a coffee morning.

happymumblemum
    Participant

we used to have one in bb in scotch hall every wednesday if i remember th day correctly we used to meet from 11 am for an hour and half or so , it used to be very popular but then just dackered off really. Maybe lets start it up again ??

MNG

Hi Taylor5,Happymumblemum,Ciarac,Canucklass,Posie,Sweetpea,
    Moonflower,Gismo,Joey rudd 🙂

I also miss having coffee morning too 😛

Canucklass im also not an irish too. i came from singapore.
    if i go to town i hav to rely on my legs too 🙂 i know its not easy with this type of weather, its not easy esp without having much public transport around .Hope the work in the town be completed soon and the bus will hav no more excuse of not stopping into the town. 8)

Happymumblemum yr right we should start brewing some latte? mocha? black coffee? Tea? again. dh tells me you seems like having a good time last time and i tell him yes i really enjoy meeting all the nice mummies with their lovely kids,babies in the playgroup or BB 😆

Taylor5

Sweetpea its under the church! If your standing on the footpath outside the church,there is a little gate on the right. Go down the steps and ring the bell, someone will answer and help you carry the buggy down the steps. We park on the street outside or in the car park further up the street, we leave the buggies and if we are heading down the town after we top up the parking tickets and grab the buggies.
    Im still under the weather so I dont think I’ll be there for the next while but give my love to the girls

joey_rudd

if i go down town i can’t bring all 3 children with me unless i have my dh with me or i’d need a triple buggy which i haven’t been able to find in any of the shops i went in to
    i’m going crazy stuck at home most days except for the 2 hours on tuesday when i go to the parent toddler group….i wish it was on a few more days during the week
    i have family and friends in this town but since i moved house lately and had my children most of them have lost interest in visiting me, i always seem to be the one to go to them
    its like because i have children i don’t exist anymore
    I love my children, if everyone else doesn’t like being around them its their loss
    pity theres no place we all can meet up regularly thats buggy and child friendly, plus where we can relax too 🙂

Taylor5

Joey all families are the same, when I go to Dublin my sister and brother that live there expect me to visit them and my mam, plus my mil…. yet they never drive up here to visit!!!!
    A tripple buggy! You might have to shop on line or what about Mothercare out beside smyths

joey_rudd

mothercare have them on their uk site but they won’t ship them to ireland…i’ve tried on line too, most of them are too expensive i just want one that’ll get us out and about all together

posie

Taylor I know what you mean.

joey_rudd

i wouldn’t mind but most of my friends and family have cars and i don’t…it would be easier for them to visit me but they won’t 🙄

Taylor5

Joey dont visit them then, wait and see how long it takes them to say "Oh you havent called in weeks"
    My inlaws are unreal, they almost bring a packed lunch for the drive when they are coming and its not miles away just from South Dublin 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.