ladybird books and recommend a reader

Home Forums Movies, TV, Books & Entertainment ladybird books and recommend a reader

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

Anyone know if there are any offers anywhere on Ladybird books… i would have all of the regular books three little pigs etc… but i dont have sleeping beauty, snow white etc and ds1 has started to ask Why he hasnt go these books….. kinda thought they were more a gilrs book so didnt buy them, got a few books on offer in tesco great value but need to pick up all the girly ones

Also ds1 is starting school in September and is book mad he will read the words he knows while im reading his bedtime story.. he reads all the common words " the, and, at, on, we, is, at etc" Think he is very good for his age but havent a clue at what books to buy to help him read…. All advice welcome. I want a book that he can read from start to finish himself and not just reading the words he knows in his story iykwim

happymumblemum
    Participant

Starting school this year ..no way!!!! Gosh where does the time go!!

I see these Ladybird stands everywhere now I can’t remember where I have seen them…usually falling over them..maybe try Heatons ..think that was the last place Isaw a Ladybird stand

yummymummy

Oh yeah heatons do them thats right hmm ( i was wracking my brains thinking fo where i seen them)

Taylor5

Im the same but i cant remember where i’ve seen them

beams

Taylor – why dont you have a look in the Vincent dePaul shop upstairs in Fair Street. I get all the kids books there and you’re supporting a great charity.

scole1

ref books that kids can read themselves phonetically and that have an actual story, learning phonetically to read will help, as there are words easy enough to sound out to read, also there are then rules like ones that you can’t ie the, bell (double consanant (sp) ) and ck saying the one sound etc etc..
    but when kids are able to phonetically read like in primary, there are two books that aren’t on the cirriculum but are written by an english teacher that actually have a story rather than the fat cat sat on a mat iykwim…

theses are by jescott bodkin
    ON ROBIN HILL
    MISTER PORTER’S ALARM CLOCK

both you can get on play or amazon not available here, have to read them myself but for those kids that aren’t satisfied with the fat cat sat on a mat (which is also a book by usborne) they are good to look at, have a google for them and read up before ya venture….

Martina
    Participant

Marks & Spencers do a version of them also. Easy Readers.

We have Cinderella and Snow White and there is a couple of wee observation questions at the back of the book.

rossylisa

Seen them in waterstones.. All diffrent levels of reading.. My DD goes to another teacher to help her with reading and uses the ladybird books. Nice big writing

mammycool
    Participant

Hi there,

I was in Easons in Ashbourne last week looking for books to read to the kids in playschool. The kids section was fairly empty – they must have been having a clear out recently. Anyhow, there was a section for pre-school and in that there were first reader books. They had different levels – some were just words and pictures, others had small stories.

All priced around 1.50 and 2.50 euro.

Taylor5

I got two ladybird books in Waterstones.. 1a and 1b. He only has the books about 2 weeks and he can read the 1a book from cover to cover… he is loving being able to read and is trying to read his own books, he is picking out the words that he knows.
    Didnt go for phonics just went for regular readers, dont want to teach him to read just want nice books with one of two words per page that he can read himself..
    Thanks Girls
    i have one happy little boy

Taylor5

just seen on the Rice krispie packets they are doing free books from hughes and hughes book stores. All different levels of kids readers, look really good….. if anyone is eating krispies and not using the tokens i would be only delighted to take them

Sweetpea

Hi Taylor,
    Long time no chat…….long story………wont bore you with it, but just to let you know Tesco are doing some of the Ladybird books and the disney ones for 99c !

Taylor5

Thank you very much sweetpea, hope your well. I did get a few girly ladybird books in tesco for the amazing price of 99c…. Thank you.

He does know the girly stories from playschool, he really likes them 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.