Italian restaurant recommendations

Home Forums Louth Chat Italian restaurant recommendations

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a really good italian restaurant in or around Drogheda? Think a lovely italian meal (with a great early bird special on a saturday would be ideal!!) would go down well for DS2’s birthday. It’s been ages since we’ve been out in town though and I won’t have time to head in and check out menus etc between now and Saturday.

Is the Bella Atina still open? Am I right in thinking there is an Italian where the Boiled Onion used to be? Is it any good.

Help!

Thanks in advance. :)

Taylor5

Bella Atena is closed, its under new ownership, i think its called the waterfront, i have heard great things about the place, the menu is nice and very very cheap.

The boiled onion one is good too, but i dont like the stairs…. the setting in the waterfront would be nicer

libby1
    Participant

Like the one where Boiled Onion was – I know its upstairs but the food is yum

Heard a lot of mixed reports about the one down the Quays…

ed1
    Participant

Would recommend Antica Touscana (the one where the Boiled onion used to be). It is absolutely lovely. D’Vine is another one. Its also very nice.

louise789

Well we’ve booked the Antica Toscana on the glowing recommendations! We’ll risk the stairs – I will be wearing flats and will have to go easy on the wine with two little fellas with us so should be OK!!

Thanks ladies. 🙂 xx

Taylor5

you will have to do a review for all us mammies. Enjoy

louise789

Well, Antica Toscana was a great choice! The staff were lovely, made DS feel very special (maybe a little too special… the attention was definitely going to his head this weekend!). The kids menu was great, they both had pizza and they were huge! We adults all had the early bird special (£19.99 for starter, main, dessert and glass wine) which I have to say was a bit disappointing in terms of choice, but what we had was very tasty. I would like to go back with DH when we get the chance and try the full menu.

Thanks ladies. It was a lovely evening. 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.