Isolated Mothers

Home Forums National Chat Isolated Mothers

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Missymay

Thanks so much for support, it is good to know I am not alone, that makes me feel less of a failure cause all I see is pregnant women who are walking about etc and getting on with things. Suppose logically I am not really going to see other people in same position as me, as I am not out and about and they are not out either!

At the moment I have physical problems and bit bluey, but I know with the isolation and family history of PND that I could easily get PND so I am nipping it in the bud and determined not to let it get me or try my best anyhow, because I know PND is a complicated problem.

Thanks again for your kindness, everyone.

Missymay

Also is the play group that a few of you mentioned, the same as the coffee mornings, or is it separate, and I have guessed that DD stands for your partners but what it’s literal meaning, I have guessed a few offensive meanings depending on my own feelings to my partner at the time, but dont think they are correct. 🙂

joey_rudd

there are a few playgroups and yes they are separate from the coffee mornings
    DD + darling/dearest daughter
    DS + darling/dearest son
    DH + darling/dearest husband
    DP + darling/dearest parner
    MIL + mother in law

MissyG

i feel the very same at times. i’ve been a sahm since my 2nd child was born (was working full time up till then) and she’s 16 months old nearly. am on career break from work till 16th feb 2010!!!!! 🙂 i know! but they don’t stay small forevery so i’m glad i took the time out from work. even so this sahm lark takes some getting used to & i admit there have been and still are many occasions where i feel isolated – must come along to one of the coffee mornings – i’ve yet to meet other mumstown members!!!
    missyg

posie

Hi Missymay. It can be very hard when you are a ‘blow in’. I am an extremely shy person and not good in large groups, but I have found that having a baby actually helps you meet people around your area. I also plucked up the courage to go to a coffee morning with some of the girls on here and I was so glad that I did. Try and make the next one if you can 🙂

Missymay

Yeah I am not so good with big groups, bit shy too, and it is horrible been a blow in, my parents were from the country and I was reared in Dublin City centre, so I am flippin blow in everywhere !! So thats one of the reasons I got on this site for me and also to make sure baby never feels like a blow in. I suppose in order to get over it I need to be proactive and I should try make next coffee morning. I will watch the post. Thanks for making me feel welcome.

ciarac

missymay, i am also shy, and have yet to meet some of the girls here….still too shy 😳 😳
    but if you can try to meet with others as it will help you and be great for support when babs arrives! best of luck

Taylor5

We dont bite…… well only if we are hungry 😆 😆 😆
    Missymay there are alot of us Dubs on here so you would just slot right in, we all have that Dub sense of humour.
    God city centre to Balbriggian, bet your family think they would need a passport to visit you 😆 😆 😆 😆 My inlaws are like that anyway

Missymay

My in laws said I needed a passport to visit their side of Dublin from where I origannally come from, the cheek 😆

When I did move to Balbriggan everyone said I would never settle because I always lived in central Dublin and I was always within walking distance of lots of pubs etc 🙂 , but I have to say I would not move back, never thought I would think this way, I would move back only for commuting reasons, but would be nice to meet other women out here, thanks for the welcome. 😀 😀

Taylor5

Im from the otherside of the city (rathfarnham) so people always ask me Why Drogheda…. I said I went for a drive and the car broke down and I never went back 😆 😆 😆

Missymay

Well I ended up in Balbriggan because of house prices, but I understand why you went to Drogheda, I wanted to move there and still do because it is lively, shopping etc, but my partner is not so keen, he has made a lot of Bowsie connections in Balbriggan 🙂 But I am working on him 😉

Taylor5

Yeah I like Drog better now it has all the shops

MNG

hi Missymay 🙂

dont ever feel isolated cos i think we are very lucky to have mumstown as it has cherry blossom in drogheda now 😀

Remember this is every woman’s network that specially connects for every woman in ireland having a say or a go a real friendly forum you couldnt find elsewhere.. 😉

so far i have met some members thru this fabulous site and im very happy i hav at least found my social life again
    now shall we go for coffee or to tues playgroup ? 😛

Life is Beautiful 🙂

rossylisa

I said I went for a drive and the car broke down and I never went back 😆 😆 😆

thats a great saying must remember to use that the next time someone asks me why i moved so far away 😆

munchin
    Participant

yeah taylor love your reason for moving so far!

i too am south dublin lived in templogue for a while went to school in terenure and was living in citywest before i moved to duleek

can’t imagine moving back now to be honest

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.