Isolated Mothers

Home Forums National Chat Isolated Mothers

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

Some thick people dont get the sarcasim and think the car thing is true 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

I’d never go back to Dublin again, well unless I won the Lotto, then I’d buy a big mansion in Malahide or the likes 🙄 So I guess Im never going back to Dublin

joey_rudd

i’m originally from drogheda and if i got a chance to leave it i would!

Missymay

I agree we are lucky to have Mumstown, I am lucky to have heard about it in OLOL, then again its only as good as its members 🙂

Taylor5

Thats the only problem about Drogheda how negative the locals are about this wonderfull town (sorry Joey) Its the grass is always greener, but Drogheda cant be that bad if nearly all the "blowins" love the place and would never leave

joey_rudd

i loved it before all the traffic and huge buildings that block everything appeared
    plus the gangs hanging around that will stab you for the smallest thing

Taylor5

But joey where doesnt have bad traffic and teenage gangs? Everywhere….. plus Drogheda traffic it nothing compared to other parts of the country

kasia

go on. drogheda is not that bad
    i am here 4 years now and getting used to the place. there is always room for improvement but it’s not to bad to live in.
    as for beeing a lonely mum missymay hmm it’s up to you to motivate yourself and go into the world 😆 😆
    i was in the same situation some time ago, new place, no friends, friends of my dh moved away, or are still single and didn’t find us with children as atractive company 🙄 🙄 and so on
    there is plenty of nice people around – you just have to find them 😀 😀

Taylor5

Hear hear

scole1

get out and get involved and you#ll find there’s plenty other people that felt the same way as you, it’s a bold step to make a nerve wreacking step to go and join in but well worth it for sure and nice to walk down the street and say hello to someone you then feel part of it……

from dublin too and wouldn’t move back, was in dublin city the last 2 days and wow it’s huge, it’s more daunting going back now then it was when i was in town with friends not a bother at the age of 16…..but love it here, smaller and relaxing….yes joey there are more buildings but it’s enhancing the town and the old part anf heart of the town is still there, the beautiful buildings churches etc, and locals have to apreciate the onderful town they have…..
    unfortunately gangs are an issue but that’s just a sign of the times, kids getting older and bolder it happens everywhere…..when i first moved here i was told drogheda was rough i was terrified but found it wasn’t as bad as i had been told, as kids grow up they mix with the wrong crowds dabble in this and that but it’s up to the parents and locals and even blow ins to say they’va had enough….but besides that drogheda is a great town near to everything and lots of amenities…..wouldn’t swap it

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.