having a hard time

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

well done for going to get help, I hope that you have a good home mental health team & that they give you the help that you need. keep us posted on how you are doing.

munchin
    Participant

fair play for getting the help you needed – hope the team you’re with are good and you continue to receive the help required xo

libby1
    Participant

Was thinking of you today – Hope you are doing all right…

Joe Cleary

Hi anw,

It’s some time since you last posted on this thread, and hopefully things are going well for you, but I wanted to make a point that stands out to me in what you have written.

You mobilised yourself and sought help. As difficult a time as you were having, you were able to reach out to those who could help you and began to create a way of dealing with what you were going through.

What we don’t speak about in everyday conversation is that very many people have thoughts of harming themselves or think of suicide – when one is in an unbearable situation we think of ways out of it, and suicide is the ultimate way to end our suffering. However, for all the people who contemplate suicide a small minority act upon those thoughts and sadly end their lives. My point is that thoughts of suicide do not imply the act of suicide. There is always the possibility that things can change – maybe not completely, but they can be born with the help of others, and I believe that speaking with someone you trust, who can help you bear what otherwise seems unbearable, can be a great start.

As ever, the Samaritans can be contacted on [size=150]116 123[/size] for those in immediate need of help.

Best wishes,
    Joe.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Very good advice. There is always someone to talk to. And while Mumstown is good for blowing off steam but there are professionals, like Joe and the Samaritans and your GP, who can also help too.

Its always a good idea to talk to someone when you are feeling low. Helps alot and if you need further help, they can advise you

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.