Diet pills or not???????

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT mams.ie Weight Loss Support Group Diet pills or not???????

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    misemammy3

Just wondering if anyone has tried Diet Pills.

Watching the ads on telly about this diet pill and that diet pill really has me thinking should I or shouldnt I.

The one that really grabs my attention is the one for Pharma Nord CLK (?) Booster 24/7.

I am so tempted to buy them and see how I get on as at this stage I am at the end of my tether with my weight issues. My main problem area is my waist. Nothing I do seems to shift it. Itis really getting me down now. If only I had the cash for a personal trainer to point me in the right direction.

Being a mum of 3 makes it virtually impossible to get any excercise in and that includes watching fitness videos as CBeebies always gets preference, and I dont think that Mr Tumble or Josie Jump are going to motivate me!!

I am in need of some serious help at this stage :(

Jedt
    Keymaster

Dont do it!!!! they are usually very bad for you….

If you lose a lot of weight quickly you are more likely to put alot back on quickly and then its harder to shift.

Lad Fitness is brilliant for mammies looking to tone up, their classes really make you burn alot of calories and tone up and you feel great about it afterwards.

As for food, cut down on bread, fizzy drinks, butter, cream, cakes, chocolate. Replace sugary cereals with porridge in the mornings, go for hearty soup for lunch with crackerbread and low fat snacks like fruit, oaty bars etc during the day and then in the evening a healthy dinner, like chicken/fishwith veg, rice etc

Drink at least 2 litres of water a day as well.

Eat less…move more…thats usually what works!

Anyone else got any tips for losing a few pounds??

Taylor5

I know they are very very expensive!! I know someone who ordered CLA online and they are very happy, but they have combined it with a new diet (like what sabbi posted above) and they are walking and doing a step class.
    Have you ever watched Obese A year to save my life? i think its on sky 1 or 2, the guy works with really overweight people, some nearly 30 stone and in the year they can drop nearly half their body weight…. amazing show, it got my ass moving at the start of the year to shift a few pounds. The host of the show is called Jessie Pavelca (sp) and boy is he SEXY!!!! He has a body to die for, my husband just laughs at me as i drool at the tv! Anyway they lose all this weight without the help of pills, just diet and hard work

Jedt
    Keymaster

I don’t think there are any quick fixes that work long term, my friend & sister both did lipotrim (or as I like to call it psychotrim) and amidst the headaches, nausea and major expense they both lost a lot of weight but it was not sustainable and they both piled it back on – and more!

my sister bought a pair of roller blades and an ipod and started roller blading when the kids were at school and she stopped eating treats during the wekkbut still had wine, crisps, chocolate etc at weekends and by doing this, she dropped 2 stone and has kept it off. she also joined curves and that worked well for her.

best of luck!!

Fabienne

No quick fixes.
    Pills can be dangerous. Every year they start to ban some pills that were sold in the previous years as they discover that they are dangerous.

But we all know what to do, eat less move more. But it’s doing it that’s more difficult.

But they are few things that you can find in the pills that are natural, like having a good intake of calcium with meal helps eliminate more fats alongs eating more fibre.
    French people are eating cheese at least once a day and grown-ups still drink chocolate milk in the morning (many do). But cheese is fat, so just have a nice glass of non-fat milk with your meal. Or find food rich in calcium.
    You need a good intake of protein (veg or not, but lean if possible) will make you feel fuller for longer.

I’m struggleing with my weight as well and find it difficult on long term to change my eating habits. I always find an excuse to eat.

My husband is not over-weight, and you should see what he eats, but he doesn’t snack between meals as he doesn’t have the urge to compensate feelings (good or bad) with food.
    Basicly he’s not a woman 😆 😆
    He does exercice.

The drinking of 2 litres, I don’t completly agree. We don’t drink enough that’strue, but 2 litres is a bit too much (some studies shows it just make your kidneys work more but doesn’t eliminate more).
    1 litre of water + daily soup + tea or coffee is plenty.

I used to go to the gym or cycling with a friend, so not to let her down I went, but now our timetables (kids and work) are not the same so I havn’t done any regular exercice in so long. And all my friends are offering me to go for walks, but walking make my feet so sore that I can’t walk for a week after, but because of the exercice just the sole of my feet, and only wears cottons socks, have Nike runners. So for me walking is so not for me.

Can’t really get the time to go the the gym (any) and can’t afford 10 euro/week or more. So I struggle like you with exercice, and it was even more difficult when kids were not yet in school.

Now with brighter days I might do more exercice, but need to change my way of eating and also starting again planning and writting my meals. Each time I do it it works but need do stick to it for a full year so I don’t go back to old habits and do yo-yo with my weight.

Good luck.

Fabienne

misemammy3

I think I will invest in a pair of roller blades and also get my daughter a pair. That way I can go skating with her aound the pitch beside my house and get both of us healthy whilst also having lots of fun.

Cheers guys

x

libby1
    Participant

Don’t try the slimming Pills,,, quick unhealthly weight loss and doesn’t stay off

I have a weight problem since i have had my dd 10 yrs ago, i really have tried everything

Diet pills from Doctor, unslim, WW, Slimming world have failed in all.. IT never worked for me and cost a lot of money

In Nov – i started BPOSITIVE —
    it has really worked for me i have lost nearly 2 stone in 3 months and its staying off , its about diet and exercise,,. i feel so good and so full of energy

Awareness is the first sign of change. Become aware, start making better choices for yourself to have a healthy lifestyle. Start to say no to all temptations out there. You need to be patient with weight-loss, impatience is the first sign of resistance. Resistance can slow you down and eventually stop you in your tracks.Remember B positive.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Head to Funtasia Waterpark with your daughter for the disco roller skating. its 45 mins long and you’ll be sweating by the end of it and its a good laugh!

Roller blades are great if you have somewhere good to blade and good music to bop along to 😀

misemammy3

Taking notes on all your quotes.

Thanks lovelies x

MaryE

Thats so funny Misemamy3 about taking notes because thats exactly what i was doing – lol.

I tried the diet pills a few years ago, bought them in my local spa and to be honest they didnt make me lose weight, they only upset my stomach 😡

It is hard to have a minute to yourself or get to classes with work & kids, especially when they are small – i totally know where you are coming from. On my days off, i try to walk everywhere with the kids, now its not a power walk of any description, sure we have to stop to look at everything along the way but at least we are all getting some excercise. I have also started doing the roller skating on a Tuesday night, really enjoying it. Its not really enough excercise, i know but its a start.

Fabienne: I didnt know that about the Calcium, thanks for that tip. I am also an emotional eater. Happy = Chocolates, Sad = I need the chocolates. LOL

Idont have a huge amount to lose, maybe a stone but its on/ off, on/off , on/ off, on/off. Its the bain of my life.

When i have lost weight, this is what has helped:

> Warm water & a slice of lemon, 20 mins before breakfast (this gets digestive system going) & then cereal + Fruit.

> Planning meals for the week before i do my shopping (this avoids take ways)

> While doing the shopping, I buy myself treats for the week, such as Muller light yoghurts (Orange & chocolate one – yum, yum), low fat chocolate mousse, curley whirleys etc – i cnat do a diet with no treats but at leats if the better ones are in the house i will eat them.

> Drink water when i get a hunger pains between meals, because sometimes ive found that im thirsty & not really hungry.

> I also always have a pack of polos in my bag or mint chewing gum – i find one every now & then gets rid of the craving for choclate.

> Food Diary.

Thats what i do but as i said im up & down as i just love food but that is life. Dont beat yourself up about it too much.

Good Luck.

Jedt
    Keymaster

I think diets are dangerous. The minute you swear of certain foods, its all you can think about!

A little few treats is ok but in moderation. Today I needed to go to the shop, so instead of driving down I walked with baby in buggy. She needed a nap anyway so we went the long way and all in all, walked about 3 miles and it took us an hour, with the quick run into the shops. Felt great at the end of it. Going to have fish for dinner and later on tonight I will have a mini bag of maltesers, I’ll suck the life out of them to make them last but it will give me a nice little chocolate fix without loads of calories!!

Making small changes, like walking instead of driving and running up and down the stairs more times than you need to and doing a few lunges in the kitchen while making dinner and sucking in your tummy as much as possible all help a little bit.

Also, porridge is a great start to the day. The days when I have this for breakfast I feel full for a few hours and have more energy. Oats are so good for releasing energy slowly. Highly recommend porridge for starting the day, really sets you up. When you have a small breakfast or no breakfastby mid-morning you’ll be ravenous and reaching for the muffins!

Anyone else got any tips for yummy treats that are not too calorific??

pixie71

I bought those HGC ones and no they dont work! I continued as normal, all they did was make me feel sick! Luckily I only paid a fiver for them on line! Ive a belly like a beer drinker and I dont drink that much really!

The only thing I think that works is exercise, more water and eating less crap and more fruit n veg, I need a kick up the rear to get going, im a member of felda but dont often get to go as DH works nights and weve two kids!

Maybe my lent thing is to go everyday to the gym for a little/lot excercise!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Cutting out bread & wheat makes a huge difference to the tummy area. I notice when I stay away from breads etc for a few days my tummy comes right down. (Its still a jelly belly but there is a lot less of it!!) 😳

ed1
    Participant

Those CLA booster tablets do look very tempting but I dont think I could justify the money though.

I joined slimming world on 12 January and I’ve lost 17lb so far. I think its great as you are not cutting out any of the main food groups. You can eat all lean meat, all pasta, rice and grains, all vegetables (incl Potatoes) and all fruits freely. You also get to have 2 healthy extras a day, calcium and fibre. You do get 5 – 15 syns a day to use on the extras you might want.
    I have never eaten as much food and I have totally cut out white bread.

I think with pills and other diets, once to start to eat normal again, the weight flys back on.

Taylor5

green tea is brilliant and porridge in the mornings, its a great kick start

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.