circumcision

Home Forums National Chat circumcision

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    scole1

well girls, we’re well home and all done, and must say the treatment we received was great, the nurses were very nice, and explained what was happening every step of the way, they even got the kids to do little jobs to make them feel like they were in control…..he wasn’t fased at all, i was allowed to go into theatre until he went asleep i had to wear a big white boiler type suit which the joked about and said mummy’s gonna do some painting so we need her to waer this, when we went to theatre they told him what each machine did and then got the mask on and got him to try blow up the teddy balloon and he was out for the count before he could get to 8…..

well in the end the consultant who saw him was very very nice, and said that he could preform another proceedure called a preputioplasty. which is where the foreskin is too tight (phimosis) and there’s a restriction they do this proceedure where they cut the foreskin release the ring of skin and then stitch which does the same job loosens the skin allows for retraction and doesn’t require circumsition…..much to our delight, he said that he sees so many boys and that most the time a full cicusition is not required. To our relief he didn’t need it and the consultant was very nice about the whole proceedure…. he also said that he said retracting the foreskin is a big no no, in the bath he said he feels that it is not neeeded and that you can actually cause more damage to the foreskin in young children by doing so, he aid he also doesn’t like the idea of it being associated with bathtime etc and feels that you can upset kids more. but it was quick and recovery should be good…

today we had a hyper boy and pain seems to be ok once topped up, but bathing is a different story had a fit having to have a bath but had to be done with force, so hopefully 2moro will be better, he’s afraid it’ll hurt…poor little mite…

he got a cert for being so brave and got to keep his mask to show to all his friends and he’s delighted…so overall we’re very relieved and as long as little man ok we’re happy….

thanks to all for their thoughts, best wishes etc….

yummymummy

thats great news scole.

Fabienne

That’s a good news.
    Take care.

munchin
    Participant

ah glad all went well scole

yummymummy

Ok finally got my date for J’s surgery!!! 14th Jan at 8am…………..4 weeks today and I am a nervous wreck already. I feel sick to the pit of my stomach.

He has to get a testicle dropped and probably a circumcision as the head of his penis does not come out of the foreskin at all. Both will be done at the same time.

My poor baby is 8 1/2 year old………………….and will prob be in alot more pain than someone younger.

Im scared, sick, nervous etc etc.

Hopefully it will be a good start to 2010 and he recovers ASAP!!!

trixiebell
    Participant

ah yummy try not to worry to much (easier said than done I know) at least you wont have too long to wait after xmas and it will be over and done with.

Where is he getting it done at? I think I might need to bring DS2 down to the doc to get his checked out, as he keeps saying its sore all the time 😥

yummymummy

Thanks Trix……I know it’ll be grand..I think its just te intial shock of actually having a set date now.

Aw the poor mite,,,better to get it looked at, could have an infection if its sore.

trixiebell
    Participant

im not sure i got dh to check him and cant see anything but will bring him anyway to be on the safe side.

yummymummy

well if it infection it tends to be red looking! It is just sore all the time or perhaps only when he pees??

trixiebell
    Participant

think its only when he pees 😥 its not red.

yummymummy

could prob be kidney infection…..stinging and all that. take a sample with ya if ya bring him to doc.

obviously im only guessing cos that what it sounds like haha i aint no medical professinal 🙂

scole1

oh yummy, i know how you feel…where you getting it done? ds1 ended up not having it done, they kinda cut the forskin and it’s like sideways cut, so now will come back but also larger flow when pees iykwim… hopefully you’ll know better when he’s in….

you’ll get an info sheet on what to do afterwards but most importantly bathe twice a day in detol or savalon…..

try not think about it, it’s hard not to but you will be fine, i surprised myself how well i coped, hardest was seeing him floppy after getting the gas, but knowing he was fine also they proceedure overall even in your ds case is pretty quick…..

he’ll be grand, i know now after ds got his job done a boy who is the same age as J and he wore no pants for 3 days and then was fine, apparently suffered with his willy but now fab…..just had to be careful with footbal, zipping up….and riding a bike for a little while

trixie sounds as though may have infection…see if can take cranberry juice also go to chemist and see if can give anything….hope he’s feeling better soon…

yummymummy

Hiya scole…..its being done in OLOL hosp.

Im more worried about the testicle dropping than the actual circumsision (as i know its common…altho i hope its what C had and just a snip on the skin rather than total removal) because of how far the testicle is up in his groin that the doc said worse case is that they wont get it down first time….and the longer it stays up the more likely it is that infertility will become a problem.

Hopefully it will all go well and cos its winter i wont have to worry about gaa and the bike being a problem…if anything it will be the bath!!!!

the joys of parenthood.

scole1

oh god, well i hope they can get it down, and hopefully the other bit will be like what C got…..be thinking of ya…x

Taylor5

Yummy a little guy from ds playschool two days before halloween, he was out trick or treating with the other kids and his mum said he was fine, he had his clothes and his little fireman outfit on too…. think all kids are different.
    But im sure its worse for older boys ouch… will be thinking of you both. im sure it will be worse for you then him.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.