where do you buy your school uniform

Home Forums Louth Chat where do you buy your school uniform

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I buy the boys pants from M&S but only the dearer one as it is a softer material…the cheaper ones are very rough material. But at 3 for 2 works out very good value. I use their jumpers too but again the dearer one washes really well. Don’t buy the Deerpark jumpers(even though last great) for my son as I end up with 3 trousers and 3 jumpers along with his schooltracksuit……find my son is much harder than any of the 3 girls were on clothes. He has come in some days mud all over his pants from ‘playing’ with the lads.

Yvonne

Got DD’s uniforms in M&S last year and will do the same again this year. Had the Deerpark cardigan the first year for her, but she hated it, too itchy for her!!

There is a company in Tullyallen that are selling the school tracksuits (not sure about uniforms) Gibtek…. they are cheaper than the Childrens Shop.

yummymummy

Pants and shirts in dunnes.
    Ties and jumper in The Childrens shop.

Tracksuit has to be gotten down in Greenhills or Kobi Colours and its ROTTEN!!!!!

Ive gotten used to my ds coming home with filty pants but because they are teflon??!! a quick rub of a cloth and they are good to go again.
    2 pants, 2 shirts, 2 ties and 1 jumper is all I get ds.

Anonymous
    Inactive

my secondary school girls would love to wear trousers but their all girl school still has skirts only 🙁 they also hate the way the blouses are paper thin and you have to wear a cami-top underneath if taking off your jumper.
    Why can’t uniforms be so much more practical for kids, younger and older. TIES..I hate them. They serve no purpose only to have you going round like a headless chicken in the morning looking for one even though you know it was there last night and the spare one WAS hanging in the wardrobe 😆

My big gripe is that all the school shirts should be available in cotton…….at least their skin can breathe and kids prone to eczema appreciate the cotton so much. I looked and failed to find any last year.

rossylisa

I get the deerpark cardigin and pinafore in Dublin, and the tracksuit from greenhills. THe blouse and t shirts i get in asda.

i get mine in kobi

Martina
    Participant

I always bought my DD’s primary School uniform basics In M&S, twas the best quality and each part lasted the year in good condition, even fit sometimes for handing down. The School Jumper however can only be bought in McEvoys or Kobi. McEvoy’s is cheaper but the jumpers tend to unravel at the sleeve cuffs.

Our Secondary School Uniform was redesigned about 4 years ago by the 6th Years, its quite conservative considering teenagers picked it, lol. They got rid of the tie for an open neck shirt. It is cotton, Virginian is the make, it stays white, washes easily and doesn’t crease badly either. The Uniform is only available in McEvoy’s, Michael Lynch’s & The Factory Shop because the school restricted the price. Its a €150.00 package for Skirt, 2 Shirts, Jumper and Jacket. I don’t like the rain jacket its a fleece on the inside, much too short on the outside and the hood is pathetic you could spit through it!

I know teenagers object to wearing the hood anyway, but if they have 2 bags on pe day or in our case, 2 bagsand a violin, there is no chance of carrying an umbrella.

They had a firedrill in April and it turned into a flashmob, you can see it on this link. My daughter was one of the ones caught by surprise. Only the kids performing and 2 teachers knew about it, amazing the mass secret that can be held when you want it to be! You can see the uniform clearly on this too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ietY3Tmou8

Jedt
    Keymaster

Got mine in M&S today, really good quality and like that the trousers for my son have the buttons to make the waist smaller, as he only has a tiny waist.

The 3 for 2 is fab, great value. It ends on 21st July I think…so better get in soon!

freckles

Hiya,

My Dad owns Gibtex in Tullyallen – so thanks for the mention Yvonne 😀
    Gibtex do uniforms for a fair few schools but they also have non-badged generic items available, the jumpers they do are a wool/acrylic mix and very good quality – they’re double cuffed and double banded which means that they don’t fray at the waist and cuffs.

Aileen

noeleenw

sounds good freckles , i would be very interested in the track suits must get on to yis have you a contact number for gibtex please 😀

freckles

Sure thing noeleen – it’s 041 9836701 😀

yummymummy

do you do st josephs cbs tracksuits freckles??? they are green with yellow trimming.

noeleenw

thanks , do you have pinafores , shirts , ties and all that stuff too – god kids are only out of school and we are talking bout it again

freckles

YummyMummy – yes I think we’re doing the St. Joseph’s tracksuits.

Noeleen – we have everything, ties, shirts, pinafores, trousers, jumpers 😀

noeleenw

i have been looking for tracksuit bottoms for ds age 9 … pennys dont seem to be as good quality as last year.. dont want to pay a fortune , want ones that are elasticated at the bottom iykwim and aren’t really dear any ideas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.