Weaning off Meds

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Maria30

I m not much better myself at remembering things. I put everything in my phone, the reminders are great.

Enjoyed chatting to you too and meeting the other girls. It was nice to put faces to the names (hope I remember them for nxt wk)

Maria30

Week 7 now.

Thinking of going on to 5 tablets a week soon. A bit nervous about it but I know I can go back to 6 if I need too.

Things have been going fine over the past few weeks but I have been remembering back to the tough days of PND. It made life so hard and I didnt help myself by not seeking help sooner and by not telling my family sooner but they are the choices I made at the time and I cant change them now. I can only deal with the present and not the past.

I ve been thinking about the counselling I got last year, at one session the counsellor asked me could I remember the last time I was really happy and I couldnt. That made me feel so sad as there I was with 2 lovely boys and a great hubby but couldnt remember being happy. All the baby books tell you about how amazing parenthood is and how wonderful your life becomes on the arrival of your new little person but I havent found one yet that tells you that life can be tough and that some people dont take to parenthood naturally they have to work at it. Maybe baby books could be more balanced in future (without putting anybody off having kids) but just explaining that your life changes even going from no kids to 1 kid, 1 kid to 2 kids there are still changes (hope that makes sense)

Maria30

Hi all,

Loving the good weather we are having. It really helps to put me in good form. Its great to be able to get out of house with the kids for a walk or to go to the playground or even for them to go out in the garden to play and I get the chance for 5 mins peace 😀

I m now down to 5 tablets a week and doing well. I had a good chat with my doctor about cutting back to 5 and he was very helpful. He told me to really think hard about it and if I felt strong enough to go ahead. He also reminded me to keep an eye on my sleeping and eating patterns as they can be the first sign of things going wrong.

Enjoy the good weather everybody and hope you are all doing well 8) 8) 8)

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi Maria,

I’m so glad things are going well for you. The weather definitely helps improve my mood too, just being able to get out of the house is brilliant and to go for a walk or to the playground without worrying about the rain is so nice. 🙂

Keep an eye on how you feel and take good care of yourself. Sounds like you’re doing great.

And, try to treat yourself to something nice whenever you can. Even a half an hour by yourself with a book or magazine and a coffee can be so therapeutic. Us busy mums all need a little bit of time to indulge when we can.

Best wishes.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.